Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which fuel pump for a st170 on gsxr 1000 bodies?
degmwilliams

posted on 7/7/12 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Which fuel pump for a st170 on gsxr 1000 bodies?

What flow rate does my pump need to have to run this. Iv bought a adjustable reg and just trying to work out what pump is needed. Iv seen some sytec 135 litres per hour @ 3 bar with a 10 bar max and a bigger one at 204 litres per hour.

[Edited on 7-7-2012 by degmwilliams]

Building a tiger Avon st170 (slowly)

coozer

posted on 7/7/12 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, I would suggest a Bosch 044.. however I have the same set up and have used a cheapo blue thing off ebay.. it has been ok apart from the noise it makes!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

matt_gsxr

posted on 7/7/12 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Stock gsxr1000 injectors are around 240cc/min at 100% duty cycle (at standard 43.5psi fuel pressure). This is good for 150bhp+
Given that there are 4 injectors this comes out at 960cc of fuel per min, so just less than 1 litre per minute, or 60litres per hour.

So on that basis 135bhp/hour would be more than enough. Generally it seems that fuel pumps are overspecified on lots of vehicles. My guess is that the manufacturers overdo it to help when we run with flat batteries and blocked filters and that having a small number of parts across their vehicle range saves some cash.

Matt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.