Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Why the weather has been good for me and the striker.
bi22le

posted on 12/7/12 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Why the weather has been good for me and the striker.

Hi all,

I thought I would share my current smuggness amougnst the crowd.

At the beginning of the year I planned to finish of winter work on the car and cover some miles. I had a trip planned for the ring so not too many miles

All went well.

Then to restrict the milage as its limited to only 3000 I wanted to rest the car for a good few months and recoup funds. I want to then end the year with a geometry set up, a couple of track days, and some pre winter driving.

Well the cr@p weather has kept the car well wrapped up and not tempted me out at all. Also I feel that all this rain cant last for ever meaning that when I do think about doing track days,hopefully around october \ november, there will be a high chance of dry weather.

So I had no intension in driving the car over the "summer months".

Whoop and whoop.

Unless All of the rain has turned my car into a pile of rust, its outside with a cover over it!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

steve m

posted on 12/7/12 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
I too, did quite a few winter mods, and in march this year had the car all poished up, and looking probably the best it ever has, and

It hasnt left my garage, its not motd, or taxed, or insured, and this late in the year, i doubt it will be
perhaps next year will be better

Chippy

posted on 12/7/12 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Well I have done just five miles, and that includes taking it for MOT. Mind I did get it out to take some pictures on a sunny hour. Just wish I could get some miles in. Cheers Ray

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[Edited on 12-7-12 by Chippy]

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

Mr Whippy

posted on 12/7/12 at 11:56 PM Reply With Quote
someone needs to start making a nice hardtop for them, I've seen no 7's on the road (I live next to a main one) at all for months and months
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jabbahutt

posted on 13/7/12 at 07:09 AM Reply With Quote
The lack of predictable weather was one of the biggest factors in my decision to sell my car.
loggyboy

posted on 13/7/12 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
Are you lot made of sugar? just get out there and drive it. thered been plenty of mildly moist days. Your not gonna disolve!

Mistral Motorsport

whitestu

posted on 13/7/12 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
I've driven mine once this year. Not much point having it at the moment!
loggyboy

posted on 13/7/12 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Pansy's

Mistral Motorsport

chrisxr2

posted on 13/7/12 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
couple of times

Been out a couple of times, but not for a proper all day blast, Don't know how people can sell up, even the odd time its good enough i go for a drive and convince myself its worth keeping even for the few good days.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

James

posted on 13/7/12 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Am I mad thinking of doing a 1300m road trip next Friday?

Cheers,
James

Actually, yes I must be.... I'm on here when I have to rebuild half the sodding thing before I go! lol
Garage here I come!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

steve m

posted on 13/7/12 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
I would rather cut my car up and sell the bits that let some other numpty take all the glory for my pride an joy
Westy1994

posted on 13/7/12 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Having spent a long time off the road, I really have had no issues getting the car road legal at the moment, even a quick 2 hour blast is enough keep me happy. I drove the car all through the winter in my first year of ownership and hoping to do that again this year if the car does not break anything again..

Hey, this is Britain - It rains here....... At best we get a week of dry weather in one go, but more often than not it rains at some point during any given week. That happens it's Britain. I don't plan a run out out if it's fairly obvious rain is due, but if it does happen to rain whilst I am out , then so be it.

If you can afford it, get it on the road and just drive the thing........

C'mon guys, you know you want to..............

paulf

posted on 13/7/12 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
My insurance expired last week and I was very tempted to take it off the road and do some of the jobs that I intend to do each winter and never get around to.I then realised I would have to sorn it and cash the tax in due to the stupid new continuous insurance law so re insured it, the weather was nice yesterday and had an enjoyable run out in it which was the first time it has been out since Newark. Hopefully the weather may improve and I will get some use out of it before the winter, I am going to fit a screen and a basic hood for next year.
Paul

adithorp

posted on 13/7/12 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
Am I mad thinking of doing a 1300m road trip next Friday?

Cheers,
James

Actually, yes I must be.... I'm on here when I have to rebuild half the sodding thing before I go! lol
Garage here I come!

No you're not. Did 2500mile trip last month and loved every minute of it; Even when it rained. Thats the third year I've been and I'm looking forward to next year already.

Where are you going? I'm back off to the alps next Friday . Going cycling holiday this time though. I have just finished a boot rack to fit the bikes on the MX5 rather than use the (full) Tin-top... The odd evening blat up a mountain or two might be on the cards.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Westy1994

posted on 13/7/12 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
^^^^

One of the reasons I was off the road for a while was to refit a full screen, I had spent 4 years behind an aeroscreen and whilst its great on dry days, they are not much fun in rain. Having previously been a biker for the past 25 years I really did not want to continue having to wear a helmet either. A hood ( or hardtop once I get some time) needs to be fitted at some point to keep the worst of the water a bay. But needs to be a custom one, as I don't use the original Westy screen frame and have the higher RAC roll bar.

Chippy

posted on 13/7/12 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
Well I actually have one of these,

[img] Hood 2
Hood 2
[/img]

OK if it rains, but hell it's not raining here, it's absolutely hammering down, and thats no fun. Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.