Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Indicator/hazard wiring (sierra)
pekwah1

posted on 16/7/12 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
Indicator/hazard wiring (sierra)

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to adapt my wiring on my striker to work for the sierra switches.
I'm getting a bit confused as there is a slight mis-match of wires, and the striker loom seems to cater for old school rocker switches rather than a column switch.

Anyway, these are the wires i have on my loom:

So i'm guessing i should also have two flasher units?
However i've read that you should be able to do it with just one with a sierra switchgear?
And this is the wiring for the sierra switches:

The one wire i am confused by is PIN15.
This is a positive on the loom, but on the switchgear is a negative, i'm guessing this is because it's a switched negative?

Oh i'm very confused, anyone who can put this into english will win a medal!

Cheers,
Andy

loggyboy

posted on 16/7/12 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
I have a raw loom diagram at home that shows both raw and sierra colours, can look this eve for you if you like.

It was also mentined on here that ford switched between + and - switched feeds, cant recal which way round it was though!

[Edited on 16/7/12 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

Irony

posted on 16/7/12 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
I am more or less at the same point in my wiring. I just couldn't wrap my head around the diagram and the continuity circuit results I was getting from the multimeter when switching the levers. In the end I have just connected it as I see fit for the sides, dip and mains. However the indicators and hazards are my next task.............. So I will be watching this thread.
pekwah1

posted on 16/7/12 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers loggy, although i have the wiring thing for the raw loom and the sierra switch as per my post, it just doesn't make too much sense to me...

At the moment i only have one flasher unit so i'm wondering if i actually need another one, and what i'm supposed to do with pin 15!!

loggyboy

posted on 16/7/12 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pekwah1
Cheers loggy, although i have the wiring thing for the raw loom and the sierra switch as per my post, it just doesn't make too much sense to me...

At the moment i only have one flasher unit so i'm wondering if i actually need another one, and what i'm supposed to do with pin 15!!

Lol just realised looking back a few posts it was you querying the switched live etc!

Does your raw loom have both colours listed?, ie the colour of the raw loom and the colour that should compare to the sierra loom? as your scan doesnt show it?

Mistral Motorsport

pekwah1

posted on 16/7/12 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
it does on some stuff i.e. ignition etc but no not for the lighting/indicators etc.
Does yours?
Maybe that would be useful if so....

loggyboy

posted on 16/7/12 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
I will check and get back to you.

Mistral Motorsport

Not Anumber

posted on 16/7/12 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Are there any alternative diagrams for the sierra wiper and headlight pin outs ? I'm in the process of retro fitting the extra stalks at present to replace the existing dash mounted switches. Theres a short length of the donor loom attached to the plugs but several of the wire colours are in different positions to the diagram above . Could anyone check this please in a Sierra manual if they have one handy.
loggyboy

posted on 16/7/12 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, you were right, the equivelent colours are just for some the ignition etc.

Mistral Motorsport

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.