Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Haynes Roadster possibly for sale - advice please.
adrianreeve

posted on 24/7/12 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Haynes Roadster possibly for sale - advice please.

Hi there

Dabbling with the idea of selling up due to other projects, and was just wondering what you guys think my car might be worth?

It's a book chassis with gaz shocks, 2l Zetec with Jenveys and an Omex ecu, Yokohama Parada tyres, disc brakes all round, Westfield seats, a really nice (I think!) dash, and orange Grp with 3m di-noc side and rear panels. It's got a brand new wiring loom, and I just fitted a gorgeous exhaust can from Paul Gooderham on here, which has zero miles on it. There are loads of piccies in my Photobucket pages. It's ready for IVA, and has been really carefully and lovingly put together. I'm a mechanical engineer, and I've made sure that everything is just how it should be.

The photos below don't show the new exhaust, which is a work of art!

So, the big question, what's it worth?!

Cheers

Adrian

[Edited on 24/7/12 by adrianreeve]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

withersdelivers

posted on 24/7/12 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
hi . Sorry but as im still a newbie i will leave the valuation to the experts . But i just wanted to say i agree with you on the dash layout! I think it looks fantastic!
Great spec too. What ever you decide to do it looks a great little 7 and good luck with the sale if you do go that way.
Neil.

big_wasa

posted on 24/7/12 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
I am in the same position with my car being simlar to yours. Your's looks a little nicer and with a few less budget goodies(tb's and tyres) and nicer touches like the dash.

Ive had no interest at £2795 I had one offer of £2000 but I dont think that was serious.

Bottom line is iva and hope for a long summer and better economy next year, or give it away.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4060196.htm

[Edited on 24/7/12 by big_wasa]

mikeb

posted on 24/7/12 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Adrian,

1. Don't sell it! (well don't sell it yet!)
2. IVA it, I think that make's it a lot more saleable, drive it for a few months then see how you feel!

My view is it should be worth £4-5k IVA'd, not IVA'd anything anybody will give you for it as a project!
Robin hoods seem to be advertised at just over 4k so it would be good to see nicely build roadster going for a bit more than these!

[Edited on 24/7/12 by mikeb]

ashg

posted on 24/7/12 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Dogwood got 6k for his with a pinto in it, I also believe Frankie also got over 5k for his also with a pinto in it. Seems a shame to sell it before you have even driven it properly

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

adrianreeve

posted on 24/7/12 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
I know Ash, and I'm not at all sure I'm going to sell it yet, but the camper I've just bought that needs no work is now making me think about Fuel Injection, steering rack conversions, servo conversion, interior re-trim..... Doesn't need any of it, but when all done, it would be an absolutely amazing van!

Think I'll iva it, drive it for a while, then have a re-think. Like so many on here, the building is just as important as the driving, and the idea of a few projects on the camper is tempting.

Oh, and I have driven it properly! Private roads are brilliant things!

Cheers

Adrian

nick205

posted on 24/7/12 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
£4.5-£5.5k IVA'd, taxed and ready to roll.

£2.5-£3k as is - competing with a lot of cars already on the road.

big_wasa

posted on 24/7/12 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
£4.5-£5.5k IVA'd, taxed and ready to roll.

£2.5-£3k as is - competing with a lot of cars already on the road.

There are lots of projects out there but there arnt as many as you would think at this sort of stage and of this spec.

adrianreeve

posted on 24/7/12 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
If you put nut covers and a small amount of trim on, I reckon it'd be ready for IVA.

Didn't mention the Martin Keenan fuel tank and the mota lita steering wheel in the original post, or the powder coating to the chassis, wishbones, roll bar, hub carriers, pedals, cam cover etc, or the tig welded chassis and wishbones, or the V6 type 9 gearbox with Caterham bellhousing spacer!

Cheers

Adrian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.