New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blyton Park 29.7.12
austin man

posted on 29/7/12 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Blyton Park 29.7.12

http://s1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj544/austinman1/Blyton%20Park%20July%2012/

Pics from todays track day weather held off so a good day in all
[img][/img]

Sorry about the blur on this one I can guarantee u there not all like this. Didnt wan to delete it as this is the best of the firebreathing ones

[Edited on 29/7/12 by austin man]

[Edited on 29/7/12 by austin man]

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

austin man

posted on 29/7/12 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Comments always welcomed if any one requires an uncompressed image give me a shout

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 29/7/12 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Nice to see an Xtreme on track.

How is Blyton as a track? A buddy of mine is going in August, butim away then.

austin man

posted on 29/7/12 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
not easy to pass as the track is very narrow, havent driven it so cant tell you much more than that

Jon Ison

posted on 29/7/12 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
It's a nice safe track to drive, as some very challenging corners, 3 very big stops from 3 figure speeds, 2 into corners the other into a chicane, lots of grip, smooth plenty of run off. To be honest the width doesn't show from behind the wheel, there's plenty of room to pass normally although a lot of people seemed to have left the mirrors at home today which may be what Austin man noticed. There was a couple of cars there today, one in particular that where driving consistently on the line at around 30 mph below the average everyone else was doing, big badge cars too.
austin man

posted on 29/7/12 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
I did botice a big powefull Japanes car dawdling along looked like it was out for a sunday drive . Oh and a lotus or two being outdone by a mini. a Corsa, and a few Clio's

Andy W

posted on 29/7/12 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
A couple of pictures from today

Andy

Westy1994

posted on 30/7/12 at 01:11 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to ask a stupid question, but is this the same track that used to be a rally school type thing, they had a loose surface track and a concrete section as the track ( old airfield) , I think it went by the name of RallyDrive.

I did a lot of testing there back in the mid 90's, this track must have had a major refurb if it is the same place..

Nickp

posted on 30/7/12 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Westy1994
Sorry to ask a stupid question, but is this the same track that used to be a rally school type thing, they had a loose surface track and a concrete section as the track ( old airfield) , I think it went by the name of RallyDrive.

I did a lot of testing there back in the mid 90's, this track must have had a major refurb if it is the same place..

Probably is the same place. Yes it's had a major refurb about 2yrs ago. It now has a nice smooth 1.7 mile track laid on top of the old airfield surface. What's great about this is there's very little to hit as you usually end up on the old surface or in a corn field if you really over cook it

Nickp

posted on 30/7/12 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
I did botice a big powefull Japanes car dawdling along looked like it was out for a sunday drive .

Our MR2? No, I think I know the one you mean

PAUL FISHER

posted on 30/7/12 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
I like this one

[img][/img]

Andy D

posted on 30/7/12 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
This is a good un.

I need to get to Blyton on a dry day. Have been twice, first time earlier this year it snowed hailed and was generally wet. Went again a couple of weeks back, and it never stopped raining again! It's still bloody good fun in the wet mind!

austin man

posted on 31/7/12 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
This is a good un.

I need to get to Blyton on a dry day. Have been twice, first time earlier this year it snowed hailed and was generally wet. Went again a couple of weeks back, and it never stopped raining again! It's still bloody good fun in the wet mind!

Think I captured that one spot on

jossey

posted on 1/8/12 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
Your so right about the passing. People don't like to let you past on that track. Well a few people dont.

David

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.