Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Donor with a perfectly good shell...
jps

posted on 8/8/12 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Donor with a perfectly good shell...

Perhaps i'm being over zealous but:

I have a Sierra in very good condition that I intend to break for engine/gearbox, a few other parts and then use the identity for age-related plate.

It does appear to be REALLY rust free though. So I expect to take the doors, bonnet and tailgate off and try to sell them on for Sierra resto's etc. It would seem a real waste to just weigh them in.

However the actual shell seems to be in amazing condition too - literally no rust at all that I can see. So I am wondering if that would be of use to anyone - either for building a competition car - or reshelling another Sierra. (it is a 5-door though, so not ripe for Cossie replica...!)

Assuming someone might want it - if I were to sell the shell (minus the VIN plates/chassis number/etc) for reusing would that have any implications for me then getting an age-related plate for my kit?

[Edited on 8/8/12 by jps]

jossey

posted on 8/8/12 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Put a post on the gt500 shelby forums they use the sierra chassis

David

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bi22le

posted on 8/8/12 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
You could try a post on passion ford you never know

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

will121

posted on 8/8/12 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
You may also need to confirm requirements for getting a age related plate as I don't think it Is easy on a alternative chassis kit car now days
ssc28

posted on 8/8/12 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Sierras are raced as saloon stock cars and good shells are few and far between. It would make a good national saloon or lightning rod. I'd advertise it on the track web site closest to you. It should make a decent price rather than you just weighing it in.
http://www.arena-essex-raceway.co.uk/drivers_for_sale.aspx

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.