Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Soft-top bracket mounting - the missing link...
markie76

posted on 8/8/12 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Soft-top bracket mounting - the missing link...

Hi Guys,

Wonder if you can help with my soft-top roof issue on my JC Locust Wide Body Sports.

With the car there was a vinyl like soft-top cover which clips onto the windscreen top and rear end top lip.
I also got two metal tubular U shaped brackets - not identical but very similar in shape and size (pictures attached)
Above the rear arches on the inside of the body lip edge there are two shiny metal tabs sticking up with some holes in them (I omitted to take a picture - DOH!)

PICTURES

With the roof on it sags a bit.

So by my powers of my engineering deduction I reckon the two U brackets are supposed to attach to the shiny tabs on either side of the body and form a rigid support for the soft-top. But I don't have the 'missing link/connector' which the U brackets fit into and which then connects to the shiny metal tabs on the body. I have done an artists impression of how I think it works;

I have looked at a few kit car parts websites but not found anything like what I have on there.

Can anyone help to identify/specify the 'missing link' for my soft-top?

Thanks,

Mark.

does it go any faster....?

designer

posted on 8/8/12 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
You would be better off asking here:

http://www.locust.org.uk/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.