Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ebay braided brake lines and fittings any good ?
kingkong

posted on 21/8/12 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay braided brake lines and fittings any good ?

Hi chaps,

I have to make my whole brake system on my Renault 4 with braided lines.

Since OEM lines are too expensive for what they are imo, i was wondering if i could safely use PTFE braided lines that can be found for example at www.torques.co.uk (which is an ebay store) with stainless fittings, and still be sure it will break at the end of the straight ??

Cheers

Max

[Edited on 21/8/12 by kingkong]

[Edited on 21/8/12 by kingkong]

Time to nut up or shut up

r1_pete

posted on 21/8/12 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Talk to Russbost on here, I have used his lines on a couple of projects, excellent quality & service.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rachaeljf

posted on 21/8/12 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
+1

Russbost is your man.

Cheers R

YQUSTA

posted on 21/8/12 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
+2 great service

Edit to add made to measure too

[Edited on 21/8/12 by YQUSTA]

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

MikeRJ

posted on 21/8/12 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Why do you want to make you entire system from braided lines? That's an extreme waste of money and it won't give you as good a pedal as using kunifier for all the fixed lines. More difficult to route neatly as well as it doesn't hold it's shape.
blakep82

posted on 21/8/12 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
^ MUCH easier to route, as you can change your mind on it as much as you like and you don't have to keep changing between rigid and flexible for suspension and stuff. imo, due to that, it works out cheaper and looks neater, as trying to get a coiled up bit of kunifer/copper straight is pretty much impossible

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

kingkong

posted on 22/8/12 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Talk to Russbost on here, I have used his lines on a couple of projects, excellent quality & service.

I'll keep that in mind thanks

quote:
Why do you want to make you entire system from braided lines? That's an extreme waste of money and it won't give you as good a pedal as using kunifier for all the fixed lines. More difficult to route neatly as well as it doesn't hold it's shape.

I understand and it seems quite logical to me. Even if like blakep82 said, it will be more of a pain to install on the car, it will give a better feeling at the pedal in the end.

Can you guys tell me where i can find this cunifer, and also tell me all the items and tools i need to make a whole new system, going from the master cylinder to the calipers ?

Thanks

Time to nut up or shut up

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.