Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ronnie Biggs
theconrodkid

posted on 24/8/12 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Ronnie Biggs

saw him today,despite looking old and frail he still had that "something" about him.
i know he wont be everyone,s cup of tea but he was a ledgend in his own lunchtime (imho)

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

woodster

posted on 24/8/12 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
I totally agree but I'm sure there'll be some negitive posts, he was from the old time school of honest robbers ... Sadly He should have stayed in brazil
designer

posted on 24/8/12 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

honest robber

????????????

I suppose he only stole off people who could afford it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 24/8/12 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
No time for celebrity scum myself. He is a thief, and not man enough to provide an honest living for his family.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

blakep82

posted on 24/8/12 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
saw him today,despite looking old and frail he still had that "something" about him.
i know he wont be everyone,s cup of tea but he was a ledgend in his own lunchtime (imho)

yet if someone came and stole scrap out your garden tonight?...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Confused but excited.

posted on 24/8/12 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
^ Now that's what I call a point well made.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Andi

posted on 24/8/12 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
I think Ron`s champion

Andi (ill get me coat)

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 24/8/12 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Did you punch him in the face for being a theiving piece of shit? If not you should have because he is.

If somebody broke into your house and stole your possesions would you say they were 'honest robbers'? If so send me your address and I'll nip round later for your tools and I can be an 'honest robber' as well.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
jimmyjoebob

posted on 24/8/12 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
What makes him a legend? His heist resulted in an innocent man dying.

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you ever tried!

RK

posted on 24/8/12 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
I believe he stole a good sum of money, and made someone else pay with their life to do it. A person I would not want to meet, and definitely not a legend, no matter how many movies they made about him.
Hellfire

posted on 25/8/12 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Nobody died as a result of the robbery, although the train driver was beaten with a metal bar. Ronnie Biggs and the others involved are all thieving scumbags as far as I'm concerned.........

Phil

TAZZMAXX

posted on 25/8/12 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
This might be a bit controversial, but I'd rather sit and have a beer with Ronnie than any number of our MP's or leading bankers. You could say he was honest by the fact he didn't deny he was a criminal, something that MP's and bankers will not admit to with their questionable behaviour.

Jack Mills actually died 7 years later from leukaemia, not as a result of injuries sustained in the robbery although a lot of emphasis was placed on them at the time, possibly to turn the public against the gang. Coshing Mr Mills was probably a worse crime than actually stealing the money.

Corruption and dishonesty is rife in big business but people seem to overlook it by dressing it up as a corporate necessity. It's still criminal activity.

I'm not trying to excuse what they did but trying to offer a bit of perspective.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.