Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: libra vvc cooling pipes
mitch2b

posted on 24/8/12 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
libra vvc cooling pipes

Hi all,

well i got my new libra back, but due to needing some jobs doing after being stood for 5 years, i want to either strip and powder coat the metal rad pipes which connect the thermostat housing to engine,
or replace,

anyone know where i may be able to get replacement pipes for the vvc k series ?

and anyadvice into whilst its in bits having head and belts done as to any updates i should do to the head/ cooling side of things,
is there a thermostat i shluld use with a hole in it (cant remeber if i saw this in a past thread

Thanks Mitch

inkafone

posted on 24/8/12 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
You could try Westfield as they may have some stock left or just get pipe copied by a metal fabricator in stainless or alloy. A remote thermostat is often used - http://www.ricola.co.uk/ - Page8 also a mod for MGF / Elise. Join Team GTM or GTMOC for a wealth of knowledge on the Libra.
lsdweb

posted on 25/8/12 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
A remote thermostat is considered by many as a must - there's loads of info out there - the SELOC forum is very useful. Here's a link to the tech wiki bit about fitting a remote thermostat (PRRT) - http://wiki.seloc.org/a/Fit_a_PRRT

And if you do fit one, a lot of your existing steel pipes may not be used dependent on how you do it.

Regards

Wyn

[Edited on 25/8/12 by lsdweb]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.