<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: So who has been to Donington Show
jacko

posted on 1/9/12 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
So who has been to Donington Show

Today and what did you think of it ?
Was it a HIT or Miss for you.
I was there today and thought it was a ok show could have been a lot better in my eyes
I think it was good to have racing on too + free to get to see the racing
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
laptoprob

posted on 1/9/12 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
Today and what did you think of it ?
Was it a HIT or Miss for you.
I was there today and thought it was a ok show could have been a lot better in my eyes
I think it was good to have racing on too + free to get to see the racing
Jacko

I was there too and enjoyed it.

Agreed that it was a nice touch to have the racing on as well.

Been the best show so far this year.

Big thumbs up from me and the couple of other kits that came with me.

sa-fabrication

posted on 1/9/12 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
We had our stand there today, and again tomorrow.

Really enjoyed meeting new people today. From what I got to see I thought the show was good.

Jacko - what do you think could be improved? Us retailers and event organisers can only ever make things better if we are told what to improve.

There are a lot of other shows on this weekend and I know that a few companies couldnt come for that reason.

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 1/9/12 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
I was up there today.

It looked like a good turn out in the club zone. I enjoyed the show and +1 on the racing being a good attraction.

Good to see the Westfield drifters working again and the display races by the auto test guys were great.

The heritage section was interesting too.

All in all a good show.

jacko

posted on 1/9/12 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sa-fabrication
We had our stand there today, and again tomorrow.

Really enjoyed meeting new people today. From what I got to see I thought the show was good.

Jacko - what do you think could be improved? Us retailers and event organisers can only ever make things better if we are told what to improve.

There are a lot of other shows on this weekend and I know that a few companies couldnt come for that reason.

I know its not the organisers fault but when you go in [ your pride and joy ] and have to drive over a rough gravel road to get to a over grown field to park in it puts me off a bit

It would have been nice to see more kit manufacturer there

Please keep up the good work and keep improving it And yes i will be back next year to support the show
As i said in my first post it was good having the racing on too

All the best for tomorrow and other years
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richard

posted on 1/9/12 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
yes i enjoyed it, thought there were a couple of things missing that were advertised,long drive but worth it.
Richard.

steve m

posted on 1/9/12 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Are we not a strange bunch, as i saw those

"Good to see the Westfield drifters working again and the display races by the auto test guys were great. "

below at Stoneliegh, and thought what a bunch ofcnuts

Must be my age !!!

madteg

posted on 1/9/12 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Sat in the field at the moment bloody good show for there first one. But not ennough porta bogs. But over all good
AdrianH

posted on 1/9/12 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Been and back home.

It's missing a Miss Donington

I know it was the first one, but to me it was missing the smaller stalls and the likes of Ralley Design type, Yes there was Europa, SVC and Car builders, but they are all really, dials switches and lights in my mind, useful but missed the meaty bits such as metal parts for the cars?

GBS was there and that is good if you are doing a Zero!

I think the organizers should have smaller traders selling second hand parts off engines suspension or garage bits hard to describe but like bring and buy stalls.

There was a sweet stall one off and that was enough, not a lot of tat, just not a lot as I had gone around it in 40 mins.

But as said not bad for 1st show at Donington.

I could not find anyway into the paddock area which would have been good to do. I found the infield restrictive as to where you could see the cars without having a big fence in front of you. I appreciate the H&S stuff, but it looked as though paying visitors to the Donington race track could not have ventured far! Did I miss a foot bridge shown on the map or is it no longer there?

Adrian

Link to snaps at show.

[Edited on 1-9-12 by AdrianH]

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

Krash67

posted on 1/9/12 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
As with those above, attended and enjoyed the day.
Liked the mix of events and the stands, if they did seem a few less than Newark. But today definatley got some attendance.

The 750 meet was a brucie bonus

Ian

If your not fast..........your last!!!

Relph

posted on 1/9/12 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Went today and had a good day. There is room for improvement but will give it a chance as its the first year.
The on track racing was awesome, especially the race at about 4:45. There where some great cars that were flying.

adithorp

posted on 1/9/12 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
jthat waas the rgb race.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

sa-fabrication

posted on 1/9/12 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AdrianH
Been and back home.

I know it was the first one, but to me it was missing the smaller stalls and the likes of Ralley Design type, Yes there was Europa, SVC and Car builders, but they are all really, dials switches and lights in my mind, useful but missed the meaty bits such as metal parts for the cars?

Link to snaps at show.

Adrian, I take it you missed my stand then? selling diffusers, wishbones, air boxes?

Steve

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Wheels244

posted on 1/9/12 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AdrianH
Been and back home.

Link to snaps at show.

Adrian, I take it you missed my stand then? selling diffusers, wishbones, air boxes?

Steve

I'm going tomorrow - I'll be paying you a visit Steve.

Cheers

Rob

AdrianH

posted on 1/9/12 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Steve

No did not miss your stand, saw some of the fab work you have done, it was a generalisation.

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 1/9/12 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Are we not a strange bunch, as i saw those

"Good to see the Westfield drifters working again and the display races by the auto test guys were great. "

below at Stoneliegh, and thought what a bunch ofcnuts

Must be my age !!!

What I saw was people who were not kit car owners getting a thrill. My hope is that this would possibly lead to new people getting involved with the kir car scene.

Maybe it's just me looking beyond the obvious.

Acc8braman

posted on 2/9/12 at 06:58 AM Reply With Quote
I think donnington has been missed for too long, I'm glad it's back and here to stay

I didn't take the car as its not finished so had to pay to get in, glad I went on my own as the £15 entry is very steep!

More halls required and there are no advertising signs in the roads to attract passers by

All in all good turn out well done all

DRC INDY 7

posted on 2/9/12 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
£15 may appear steep but its not a bad prices because thats what it costs to watch 750 motor club racing at donington So that makes the kit car show free

For us when we go its all about the drive there and back plus the banter that we have whilst there

Its not a bad show for the first time back and its not worse than newark was this year

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

Acc8braman

posted on 2/9/12 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DRC INDY 7
£15 may appear steep but its not a bad prices because thats what it costs to watch 750 motor club racing at donington So that makes the kit car show free

For us when we go its all about the drive there and back plus the banter that we have whilst there

Its not a bad show for the first time back and its not worse than newark was this year

Good point I didnt think of it in that way, thanks.

I remember years gone past te circuit being open to take your own car around, now that would be great to do

joemotion

posted on 2/9/12 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
Had a good day despite my car not being able to make it for this one! Needs a few more stands i reckon but sure that will come and would be nice to get the owners car inside on whats left of the infield etc. Also some kind of track day would have been good to blow the cobwebs out etc however not sure how that would work alongside any racing?
FASTdan

posted on 3/9/12 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
It was danST Engineerings first stand at a show (and you could probably tell lol) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I did hear quite a few people complaining about the size of the show and lack of traders though - for me that was fine, I wanted to start out small anyway!

Thanks to those who came over and said hi or expressed an interest in our stand.

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
sa-fabrication

posted on 3/9/12 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Same here Dan.
I heard a few manufacturers complaining they had not recived as many enquirys as they would have liked, but we seemed to do well and gathered alot of interest.

We are now looking into Exeter!

Thanks all!
Steve
SA Fabrication & Motorsport

thefreak

posted on 3/9/12 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
From what I heard the original plan was for the cars to be parked in the infield, and Donnington were supposed to be landscaping it to make it useable, but due to the awful weather we've had this summer it hasn't happened. Anyone that went into the infield would have seen the lake at the bottom off the hill between Old Hairpin and McLeans.

I enjoyed it anyway and I was in the Paddock and out on track. Only managed to get over to the show around 2pm on Sunday afternoon but all looked very good.

Alfa145

posted on 3/9/12 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Contact the organisers and feed back to them the things that did work and the things that didn't and what you think can be improved. I will be otherwise we'll end up with Stonleigh as the only show and even that has started to go down hill in the recent years.
mitch2b

posted on 3/9/12 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
adrian,
theres a tunnel , under the track , around the start line that would have brought you band smack into the paddock,
and the bottom car park / hard standing, where the tubourg bus was, you can see "over" the track fence rather than through it,

Mitch

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.