Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford x flow pcv valve
Nickctp

posted on 2/9/12 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Ford x flow pcv valve

Not 100% sure on whose advice to take here but lots of people say to just totally remove the pcv valve - others say its essential?? Which advice is the best??

[Edited on 3/9/12 by Nickctp]

phil m

posted on 3/9/12 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
Only remove it if your (fitting an oil catch tank and) re plumbing the breather back into the rocker cover
This it how I did mine

Nickctp

posted on 3/9/12 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phil m
Only remove it if your (fitting an oil catch tank and) re plumbing the breather back into the rocker cover
This it how I did mine

Yep I have fitted catch tank - Was breathing far to heavy (without catch tank) but reilised this was because no catch tank fitted. So Crank case and rocker cover to catch tank - then from catch tank to air filter or just atmosphere would you reccomend? (without PCV fitted of course).

N

phil m

posted on 6/9/12 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hi there

Crankcase to rocker cover, with another rocker cover out to catch tank , which is vented to atmoospher via a filter

Westy1994

posted on 7/9/12 at 04:35 AM Reply With Quote
Odd this subject should come up, after 4 years with the same setup and sick of having to empty the catch tank all the time, I thought I would change the pipework around. I did have block to tank and rocker to tank ( yes I know the block one should have gone into the rocker cover first), so before drilling more holes in the rocker box, I tried removing the rocker one altogether, just relying on the block to tank one. Bingo problem solved, for some reason oil must have been blowing via the rocker feed and filling the tank far faster, I have done well over 200 miles and all I got out of the tank was a teaspoon full, normally this would have been full (1ltr) in less than half those miles. I don't think I will bother with the second hole in the rocker now.
rusty nuts

posted on 7/9/12 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
On mine I just have a hose coming from the block adaptor straight to the catch tank with no hose from the rocker cover, it's been like that for several years with no problem. I do have a fuel pump blanking plate with a shield on it to stop oil from going straight to the breather elbow. I have found that not filling the sump to the max level on the dipstick helps cut down on oil consumption

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.