New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Wheeler Dealers on Tuesday
jabs

posted on 17/9/12 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
New Wheeler Dealers on Tuesday

new episodes of wheeler dealers on discovery tuesday at 9pm
JoelP

posted on 17/9/12 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
they must have been gutted when they were told to film that daft trailer!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Coopz

posted on 17/9/12 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
I saw ed in Tesco's at the weekend. Oh and i'll be tuning in thanks for the heads up.
marcjagman

posted on 17/9/12 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
What chanel?
wylliezx9r

posted on 17/9/12 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman
What "chanel"?

No 5

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

RK

posted on 17/9/12 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
does that mean all the old ones will be back up? Because soon after I started going through them, they were taken off YouTube, presumably by Discovery.
splitrivet

posted on 17/9/12 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
Cant wait, we made £100 quid profit but it took Ed 3 solid weeks of sweating his cahonies off to do it, and as for the spray guy who charges £3000 for a blow over, he must be laughing all the way to the bank.
Still a good show though.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

RK

posted on 17/9/12 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, for a wheeler dealer, he isn't exactly swimming in it at the end of these restoration jobs. Interesting though. Not sure if it encourages me, or puts me off.
jabs

posted on 18/9/12 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
does that mean all the old ones will be back up? Because soon after I started going through them, they were taken off YouTube, presumably by Discovery.

They've never been off the dicovery channels, watched the one last night where he does up a suzuki 4x4 into a mini monster truck - lol only to have it fail the MOT with big rusty holes - though Ed would have noticed that

JoelP

posted on 18/9/12 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jabs
quote:
Originally posted by RK

They've never been off the dicovery channels, watched the one last night where he does up a suzuki 4x4 into a mini monster truck - lol only to have it fail the MOT with big rusty holes - though Ed would have noticed that

And the worlds worst case of bump steer!

Of course the show isnt about them making money, its about making a show! The profit comes from discovery, not from selling cars!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Daddylonglegs

posted on 18/9/12 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
I certainly wouldn't buy a used car off them! Makes me smile when Ed carries out some bodywork repairs lovingly such as the e-type Jag they did once, and puts back a nicely restored replacement panel on top of some pretty obvious rust and crud!! Top Job

Still watch the show though

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 19/9/12 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
So anyone see it last night?

I hear there was a cobra kit rebuilt / finished and put through IVA.

Worth a watch?

vanepico

posted on 19/9/12 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, they had a live facebook chat at the same time, it was pretty good, shame they couldn't keep the ACC809A number plate

Will CAD for food/money/beer...

INDY BIRD

posted on 19/9/12 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Yep saw it and nice looking cobra sold for 23 k now on piston heads for 28995 hee hee how will he get that when he only paid 23k and everyone knows it?

Still something different to watch

vanepico

posted on 19/9/12 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
in the ad he says it got a brand new engine in it when they got it, maybe it failed emissions and they didn't want to spoil the show!

ashg

posted on 19/9/12 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
found it. funny how it got a 12 plate when it had so many second hand jag bits on it.

http://www.baytreecars.com/pre-owned-stock.asp

AC Cobra Mk3 by Gardner Douglas

This truly fabulous car was built in 2001 and then never driven. It was then taken over by the guys on Wheeler Dealers to be given a full overhaul which included a brand new Chevy V8, wheels, running gear and interior. It has just been re-tested with IVA and now carries a 12 plate. The car is completed and runs and drives superbly having only covered 1000 miles. This car has been a main feature on the current Wheeler Dealers and has been driven by both Mike Brewer and Edd China and if you are a fan of the show you know that no expense is spared and the quality of work is second to none. If you know your Cobra’s then you know the one to go for is a Gardner Douglas and with the additional work from the Wheeler Dealer team this is one not to be missed. The stats are: Brand new out of the crate 5.7ltr Chevy engine with 350BHP shipped in from America. Edlebrook inlet manifold and Carburettor. Tremec gearbox. Williams 3 point harness Full leather interior Wilton carpets Twin roll hoop Kenlow twin fans Jag running gear, fully shot blasted, fully refurbished and powder coated. Proflex polly bushes Smiths gauges Vortex stainless steel exhausts Stainless steel fuel tank Image 3 piece split rim alloys. Plus much more!!!! The car is available for a viewing at any time and must be driven as you won’t be disappointed.

Miles: 1000

Price: £28995

Finance information: Baytree Cars offer a comprehensive range of finance solutions for this vehicle to meet the needs of both the private individual and business customer.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 19/9/12 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
found it. funny how it got a 12 plate when it had so many second hand jag bits on it.

Yep - that's what I thought...

Davegtst

posted on 19/9/12 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Just watched it. I must have missed the bit where they put the brand new engine in. Why spend £1200 on an exhaust when all they needed to do was put a few cats in? wheeler dealers is such a crock of shite but I have to watch them.
RK

posted on 19/9/12 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
'old out yer 'and
se7en

posted on 20/9/12 at 12:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

This truly fabulous car was built in 2001 and then never driven. It was then taken over by the guys on Wheeler Dealers to be given a full overhaul which included a brand new Chevy V8, wheels, running gear and interior. It has just been re-tested with IVA and now carries a 12 plate. The car is completed and runs and drives superbly having only covered 1000 miles. This car has been a main feature on the current Wheeler Dealers and has been driven by both Mike Brewer and Edd China and if you are a fan of the show you know that no expense is spared and the quality of work is second to none. If you know your Cobra’s then you know the one to go for is a Gardner Douglas and with the additional work from the Wheeler Dealer team this is one not to be missed. The stats are: Brand new out of the crate 5.7ltr Chevy engine with 350BHP shipped in from America. Edlebrook inlet manifold and Carburettor. Tremec gearbox. Williams 3 point harness Full leather interior Wilton carpets Twin roll hoop Kenlow twin fans Jag running gear, fully shot blasted, fully refurbished and powder coated. Proflex polly bushes Smiths gauges Vortex stainless steel exhausts Stainless steel fuel tank Image 3 piece split rim alloys. Plus much more!!!! The car is available for a viewing at any time and must be driven as you won’t be disappointed.

Finance information: Baytree Cars offer a comprehensive range of finance solutions for this vehicle to meet the needs of both the private individual and business customer.

Are you sure the WD crew put the new V8 in it? When I watched the show Ed only changed the jetting in the carbs to get the emissions down a bit. Then they put the new exhaust system with cats on to bring the emissions down enough for it to pass IVA and even then it was a close thing.
The previous owner to the WD crew was the one who put the Chevy in it.

vanepico

posted on 20/9/12 at 05:28 AM Reply With Quote
It is tv you know! I can see it failing even after they did the stuff, so got a new engine for it, and if anyone were to know it would be the guy who is sitting in it right now!

Oh and he managed to get a 12 plate so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a new engine

quote:
Originally posted by se7en
quote:

Are you sure the WD crew put the new V8 in it? When I watched the show Ed only changed the jetting in the carbs to get the emissions down a bit. Then they put the new exhaust system with cats on to bring the emissions down enough for it to pass IVA and even then it was a close thing.
The previous owner to the WD crew was the one who put the Chevy in it.

[Edited on 20/9/12 by vanepico]

ashg

posted on 21/9/12 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
ok have found out why they actually put a new engine in it.

Mike brewer blew the engine up doing the wheel spinning scenes so they had to fit a new engine :-)

Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

mookaloid

posted on 21/9/12 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
ok have found out why they actually put a new engine in it.

Mike brewer blew the engine up doing the wheel spinning scenes so they had to fit a new engine :-)

How did you find that out?

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

ashg

posted on 21/9/12 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
sorry i cant reveal my sources lets just say they are in a position where something like that is common knowledge

[Edited on 21/9/2012 by ashg]

Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Ninehigh

posted on 21/9/12 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
Wait there a minute...

quote:
On the site where it's being sold
The stats are: Brand new out of the crate 5.7ltr Chevy engine with 350BHP shipped in from America. Edlebrook inlet manifold and Carburettor.

If it's a new engine would it have carbs?

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.