Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R380 Identification
rincewind23

posted on 23/9/12 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
R380 Identification

Hi all,

My R380 gearbox now changes gear and turns when the case is fully tightened - turns out I was missing a gasket and the thickness of the gasket allows everything to turn.

Now, I am trying to find a gear selector mechanism to go with it. Trouble is, I can't figure out what it came off, so I can't find the right selector. It doesn't seem to match any of the selectors from any Land Rover, and the numbers don't match what I've seen in any of the Land Rover manuals.

The bellhousing has HTC 1511 cast into it.
The gear casing starts with 59A and ends with G (which definitely doesn't match any of the numbers in the Land Rover manuals).

The gear pattern is like this

Front
2 4 R
|-|-|
1 3 5
Rear

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers,
KEv.

mark chandler

posted on 24/9/12 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
They were also fitted in other commercial vehicles such as DAF/LDV vans, if it came with a tail shaft included then very doubtful it came from a landrover.
rusty nuts

posted on 24/9/12 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
I could be wrong but I think it was also fitted to the 2.8 XJ6s with a shorter remote if you can find one? ISTR using one on a Marcos Mantula I built 20 years ago
rincewind23

posted on 25/9/12 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys

It definitely didn't come off a landrover as you said, as it's a RWD gearbox. I was hoping in vain that it would at least have the same gear selector/serial numbers, and just a different output!

I did some more googling and some pictures of the LDV R5-150 I found look very similar. I found a guy on ebay selling CDs of the LDV manuals for £2.99. I am waiting for my CD to turn up now, hopefully that will be the match!

If not, I'll start looking into the XJ6

Will post back when I know more. If anyone has any other thoughts in the mean time..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.