Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fireblade Engine Compatibility
enginearin

posted on 2/10/12 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Fireblade Engine Compatibility

Hello All,

Looking to fit a replacement engine after destroying the gearbox at the weekend. Can anybody shed light on whether the 2006/7 Fireblade engine will run on 2004/5 ECU and Loom.

I have been advised YES by a well known bike engine supplier and NO by a different but equally well known bike engine supplier.

I must say, i expected the answer to be NO but i am looking to the collective in search of a definitive answer.

Also... would my aluminium sump pan for the 2004/5 engine fit onto the 2006/7 engine? Again, i expect not.

Thanks

Tim

enginearin

posted on 3/10/12 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
For Completeness...

The fella who stated 07 was compatible with 05 electronics has now conceded that the 07 engine would be functional but lack the full performance.

Boltsy

posted on 27/10/12 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
You need to speak to Andy at AB Performance. He does a lot of Fireblade installs and he will be able to answer any of your questions.

AB Performance - 01449 736633

Limitation starts where the visions end - Jimmy Johnson

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
enginearin

posted on 27/10/12 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Boltsy
You need to speak to Andy at AB Performance. He does a lot of Fireblade installs and he will be able to answer any of your questions.

AB Performance - 01449 736633

Thanks, Andy was the party who was correct in the story. They are not compatible.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.