Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fuel filter location
cps13

posted on 8/10/12 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
fuel filter location

Can anybody tell me of any issues with this location for the fuel filter with regards to IVA?

It is in between the lower o/s/r lower wishbone brackets. There is plenty of clearance from the d/s even if the wishbone was lifted. I have tried adding a pic but I can't, can't even get it to upload into my archive.

cheers,

blakep82

posted on 8/10/12 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
the only specifics in the manual (link below btw if you haven't read it!) are that a fuel system must be free from leaks, and not positioned so that it might rub on stuff and get damaged. nothing about filter loactions, but as long as it isn't likely to get hit by rocks and break, or touching moving parts that might rub through it, then its all good

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Dusty

posted on 8/10/12 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
I would put a low pressure filter between tank and pump and somewhere I can get at it easily to check and change it. Stabilise with a suitable holder. Inboard would be good. High pressure filters are commonly in a sheltered position under a tin-top, accessible and well fixed, after the injection pump.
hellblue

posted on 9/10/12 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty
I would put a low pressure filter between tank and pump and somewhere I can get at it easily to check and change it. Stabilise with a suitable holder. Inboard would be good. High pressure filters are commonly in a sheltered position under a tin-top, accessible and well fixed, after the injection pump.

"Injection filters" should be used before the pump, the cheap inline filter type filters, do not filter well enough to be in front of a hpfp it will shorten the life of the pump, even the intank pumps have a very good filter first

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.