Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Following on from phelpsa's round up
Jon Ison

posted on 14/10/12 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Following on from phelpsa's round up

Entered my 1st competitive sprint today run by RAFMSA at Barkston Heath.

Came away with FTD and overhaul win, ran within 2 tenths of target time in morning timed runs and 1 tenth in the afternoon timed runs, ( more luck than judgment i think) the overhaul win counts for nothing though as whilst I was top of the sheet I'm not registered for the series therefore the 1st registered competitor takes the event win, which is only fair. Just entered as a guest in preparation for next season.

bob

posted on 14/10/12 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
(more luck than judgement)

Jon you are a very competent driver, your being very modest mate.

Doofus

posted on 14/10/12 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
They are a good bunch up there, and it's not expensive for the number of runs you get to do.
I hope Billy didn't give you too much abuse :-)

PAUL FISHER

posted on 14/10/12 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Well done Jon, pleased you had a good day, if I had not been going to watch the 750mc racing today, I would have joined you, hope to make the next one, and you can give me a few tips
Nick DV

posted on 14/10/12 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Well done Jon

Cheers, Nick

"The force will be with you, always!"

Jon Ison

posted on 14/10/12 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
Well done Jon, pleased you had a good day, if I had not been going to watch the 750mc racing today, I would have joined you, hope to make the next one, and you can give me a few tips

There's one provisionally planned in November no firm date yet will let you know, best tip I can give is don't clip the White markers, 2 seconds is to much to gain back, £40 for the day, bargain.

Today, morning 2 timed practice runs, 3 timed runs, 45 mins playtime, afternoon same again followed by well over an hour playtime, wish I had found sprinting sooner, ok it's not wheel to wheel stuff but there's a lot to think about, FTD is just that and nothing else apart from a bit of willy waving, the slowest car of the day can just as easily win the event, your trying to hit your predicted time on the nose not be fastest.

daniel mason

posted on 14/10/12 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
who calculates what predicted times should be and how do they do it? well done mate!

Jon Ison

posted on 14/10/12 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Today theyvran 2 separate rounds, one morning one in the afternoon each round consisted of

2 timed runs, they show you your times, you have to tell them what your fastest time will be over the 3 timed runs, closest wins it's a great format like I said FTD is nothing more than willy waving, nice but wins nothing. There are penaltys for going "all four off" or hitting any of the markers, very stratigicly placed they are to.

Keeps costs well down, posh tryres, 800 bhp doesn't matter, 1.1 metro can win it on colways.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.