Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What this setup worth? Engine and box etc?
jon200

posted on 19/10/12 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
What this setup worth? Engine and box etc?

How much should I be looking at selling this lot for? It's all running etc. I need to do a compression test and it needs mapping as it is running very rich.

I put new prices in brackets just to try to help me find a price but what's the engine worth and what's it worth as a package?

The engine is a Scholar built blueprinted 1800 silver top zetec running about 145bhp, I am not sure on the mileage but it is clean and has no leaks, the engine was fitted along with an acewell dash which reads just under 800miles so could be all the mileage it has got?
The guy I bought the car from got the engine cheap and only wanted the sump really but fitted the whole lot as it looked brand new (£???). It has a Raceline sump (£330)on it and has all of the bits replaced to run a rwd setup. A Griffin inlet manifold (£???)is being used and it is all being controlled by an Omex 600 ecu(£600).

It is running a type 9 gearbox with a dog legged gear stick to clear the chassis (£150). A longlife stainless steel manifold 4-2-1 is also up for grabs(£300)

I would be including the pipercross cone filter (£35), high pressure fse fuel pump (£65), fse power boost valve (£95), samco hoses and a pretty new radiator (Nissan almera?) all cabling required for this to run except the aftermarket fuse holders.

It will probably need a new starter as it struggles when the starter gets hot.

It is basically everything needed for someone building a new kit! What do you think?

Cheers Jon

ashg

posted on 19/10/12 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure what it is worth but I will start the bidding at 50p

edit. Sorry could not resist

[Edited on 19/10/2012 by ashg]

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Tiger Super Six

posted on 19/10/12 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
50p you're having a laugh 99p

Honestly, probably not as much as you think as it's a standard 1.8 which isn't the most popular engine. Blueprinted just means rebuilt to the original spec nothing more and it's been used with undisclosed mileage.

Personally, you might do better selling the 'value' bits (sump/ECU etc) seperately.

Mark

Tiger Avon

cliftyhanger

posted on 19/10/12 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Probably get more selling it off bit by bit.
Total value maybe a grand give or take as one lump. But the chances of getting somebody who wants it all are (daftly) small. You will have instant buyers for some of the bits though, but get left with a sumpless engine and a few odds and ends.

daviep

posted on 19/10/12 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger Super Six
50p you're having a laugh 99p

Honestly, probably not as much as you think as it's a standard 1.8 which isn't the most popular engine. Blueprinted just means rebuilt to the original spec nothing more and it's been used with undisclosed mileage.

Personally, you might do better selling the 'value' bits (sump/ECU etc) seperately.

I've always understood blueprinting to mean that all components used will have been picked in order to try to build the perfect example of an engine.

Cheers
Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

big-vee-twin

posted on 19/10/12 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Davie is correct every component carefully selected and weighed to achieve the best an engine can give, although depending on engine that could be the original specification - doubtful with a Zetec

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

designer

posted on 19/10/12 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Blueprinted just means rebuilt to the original spec

Proper 'blueprinting' is not just a rebuild, it's checking every component and putting together an engine on the top limit of all the tolerances to give a 'loose' engine, with the lowest internal resistance for more power.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jon200

posted on 19/10/12 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
I thought blue printing was balancing and picking everything to match so it is as good as it evey could be. Is there any way I can increase the chance of selling the engine? Obviously compression test, what about dropping the sump off and checking things?

What would the rest be worth? As much as someone is willing to pay but I don't want to ask too much.

designer

posted on 19/10/12 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
I would just advertise it and lower the price as time goes by, that's what I did with my bike engine.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
whitestu

posted on 19/10/12 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
To maximise your money split and sell bit by bit on Ebay.
jon200

posted on 20/10/12 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
I will record a video of the compression tests and of it running whilst it is advertised as i dont want the hassle or selling bits really or it sat around gathering dust.
Nickctp

posted on 21/10/12 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
As others have said - split it and sell the parts. You'll have trouble selling it as a package for what it's actually worth!! Especially in this climate too!!! Good luck

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.