Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 15" tyres for track
steveiow

posted on 19/10/12 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
15" tyres for track

Looking for some tyres for my MR2 Turbo as taking it on track soon as getting wet in the Locost on cold rainy winter trackdays can become annoying when you have no roof or screen.

Wondering if any of the RGB boys have any part worn/end of season tyres. I know some of them frequent here on occasion. Looking for anything between 195 and 225 in a 15 inch. Happy to arrange a courier to collect from you as I am on the Isle of Wight.

Cash waiting, obviously.

Thanks!

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

MRLuke

posted on 19/10/12 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
Dont want to teach you to suck eggs but in my experience MR2s are very fussy on their tyres, the mk2 in particular. I found mine much easier to drive on the limit with communicative tyres whereas things like floppy T1Rs were horrendous, not so much the lack of grip but more how the tyre behaved when pushed.
phelpsa

posted on 19/10/12 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
I've got 4 195/50 15V T1Rs still in my loft. 3mm of tread but one pair with worn shoulders. About a year old, came off my mr2 a few weeks back. £40.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BigFaceDave

posted on 19/10/12 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Dont know if These would be any use? only have a pair but if your interested let me know as I will do them cheaper to someone on here than ebay.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.