Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake bias valve
carse

posted on 19/10/12 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Brake bias valve

Hi all,

I've got a new AP Racing brake master cylinder I'm fitting to replace the standard Sierra item. I was wondering if anyone knows of a decent brake bias valve which has a single inlet (the master cylinder is only a single type) but two outlets (one for front and one for rear brakes) which can be adjusted to alter brake bias front to rear.

The only ones I've seen are single inlet / single outlet in-line type adjusters that basically shut off flow to the calipers it's connected to (generally fitted to the rear I presume?).

Thanks,

Carse

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daviep

posted on 19/10/12 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
I maybe reaing your post incorrectly but it sounds like you are trying to use a single master cylinder to operate all the brakes which is a big no no.

The valve you are looking for doesn't exist, a dual master cylinder would normally be sized to operate the front brakes correctly and then the pressure reduced to the rears and a tandem setup has two mc's and a bias bar.

Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree

Cheers
Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

renetom

posted on 19/10/12 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
bias

Hi
Sorry but I cannot understand why you need a bias valve
If you have that facility on the master cylinder ?.
I know the sierra had one but you should not need one with this one.
Good luck
René

britishtrident

posted on 19/10/12 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
I suspect the OP is a bit lost, I would suggest forgetting all about the AP single circuit master cylinder and use the well trodden path of either a Fiat 124 or early VW Polo (or Golf) dual circuit tandem non-servo cylinder.
If you have 8" rear drums will are unlikely to need pressure regulating valve in the rear brake line, but with 9" rear drums or rear discs you may need one, again the well trodden path of a Fiat Ritmo/Strada/Panda/Lada pressure regulator is the way to go.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.