Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec 2.0l Silver Top (et. al.)
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 22/10/12 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Zetec 2.0l Silver Top (et. al.)

The deed has been done, the Mrs has replaced the MK1 Mundaneo. It made it's last (legal) road journey last week, it's now off the MID, with no MoT and (soon) no tax disc.

The car is actually in very good condition, trace of cosmetic rot on the bonnet edge, the engine and 'box are sweet, no leaks, no drama. If it was paper-legal, there'd be no problems continuing to drive it anywhere. If you wished to MoT the car, I can see few issues, but the lack of catalytic converter will make the emission test a bit problematical (the catalyst can is there, looking so good, but it contains no catalyst), a tyre is probably on the limit. I simply can't fund a fix for a car that she no longer wants, and it's on the driveway in the way.

Shame to scrap the engine, would make a great Locost power unit. The scrappies will give me a reasonable price for it all (I can't be charitable since my redundancy), but it you guys want a 2.0 Litre Zetec, the whole car is £300., take it away. Please be quick, compliant and serious if interested.

Oh, useful info., it's in Lincs., just north of Spalding

[Edited on 22/10/12 by motorcycle_mayhem]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

big_wasa

posted on 22/10/12 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
I am in spalding and would like a spare zetec but I don't see it at the price your looking for it.

If you weight it in you are looking at half that. Stock car racers may give you the same. Any scrapie will give you an idea of price if you call. Sellyn Dobney is local.

Cheers

monck

posted on 22/10/12 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortanatly scrap price is down to £100 a ton some places so dont do that atm !

I race bangers, a banger driver can get a mondeo for £150 -200 so boubt thats any good to you ..

id say to ebays the best place i always get ore than i want for somthing on there

Front Row Joe

posted on 22/10/12 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
I am interested but only in the ecu and associated engine wiring loom. I am willing to negotiate and will pay good money for parts and delivery if you are up for it. Can I have dibs on these parts please?

You could scrap the car after I have had these bits and get the same money in scrap for it. Let me know if you would be willing to remove these bits and we can discuss the price.

Cheers

Joe

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 24/10/12 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the advice, PM's and offers.

The Mundaneo has been sold. Happiness all round.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.