Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Titan Roller Barrell Throttle Bodies - Road Use
ChrisJ15

posted on 1/11/12 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Titan Roller Barrell Throttle Bodies - Road Use

Hi,

I have a major space issue with my kit car build (Duratec) which stops me using conventional Throttle Bodies with any space left for ram pipes and filter.

The Titan Roller Barrell TB's are the most compact form of TB I can find although I cant find any pictures of them with any kind of filter atteched.

There seems to be lots of bad press regardnig use for road (which my car will be as well as track) and iddle issues.

Does anyone have any experiences to confirm/contradict this?

scootz

posted on 1/11/12 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Drop Flak Monkey (David) a U2U.

He bought a set off me and IIRC they were a pig to set-up.

It's Evolution Baby!

big-vee-twin

posted on 1/11/12 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
I'm using bike throttle bodies and will need to cut a hole through the bonnet for the filter which will give it access to cool air rather than warm under the bonnet cannot you do the same.

I think Flak monkey had a go with rollers but removed them in the end due to poor idle etc. Have a look through his pics. think he ended up with Jenveys.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

monkeyarms

posted on 1/11/12 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
A J15 with duratec and Jenveys has been done...

see this thread on JPSC http://www.jpsc-online.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45&start=60

Picture is not mine

ChrisJ15

posted on 1/11/12 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
I'm aware of Richards build, but unfortunatley when my engine mounts were produced by Sylva the engine was canted forward slightly which results in less room.
big-vee-twin

posted on 1/11/12 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Rather than spending loads on rollers I would be getting so new mounting brackets must be lots cheaper

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

sylva_phoenix

posted on 20/12/12 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
What about using modified bike bodies on a plenum in order to emulate a longer runner length? Also the 4Age used curled runners to get round this issue.

Regards

ChrisJ15

posted on 20/12/12 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the responses.

I got a good deal on some Titans from Northampton Motorsport so the extra cost wasnt an issue.

They are by far the shortest Throttle Bodies and were actually too short! The filter backplate was fouling the belt tensioner which sits at one end of the head. This was easily sorted by making up a 15mm spacer. So problem solved at long last!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.