Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford Duratec V6 Upper Inlet Manifold (UIM)
garybee

posted on 19/11/12 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Ford Duratec V6 Upper Inlet Manifold (UIM)

Is anyone aware of whether or not the Duratec's UIM can be turned round so that the throttle body points in the opposite direction? I would like to use one of these engines mated to a RWD gearbox and wondered if it would be able to use the original plenum rotated through 180deg. Looking at pictures (boltholes etc.) it appears that it may be possible.
ianjenn

posted on 19/11/12 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it will but you might have to alter your fuel injector rail to stop it fouling or put a spacer underneath
samjc

posted on 19/11/12 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
I was going to ask this sooner or later so thankyou, as its the wrong was std for a rwd setup. On the seven it would be facing the scuttle.
ianjenn

posted on 20/11/12 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
The st200 UIM is the smallest that will fit, but does require a spacer. The st220 is next and the one I have used. I have it facing the scuttle and had to modify the scuttle. I also had to grind a bit off the bottom to clear the fuel rail because I have the s-type lower manifold. The standard s-type UIM is HUGE.

My Build Diary

garybee

posted on 20/11/12 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ianjenn
Yes it will but you might have to alter your fuel injector rail to stop it fouling or put a spacer underneath

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like you may have actually tried this, is that right?

ianjenn

posted on 20/11/12 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I tried all 3 manifolds in all orientations befor settling on the st220 with inlet at bulk head end. But because it is in a rear wheel drive 7type kitcar, modifying the bulkhead was easy
garybee

posted on 21/11/12 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Good to know, thanks. I will have to cut the bulkhead just to get the heads to fit where it's going so don't have that option.

Cheers

Gaz

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.