Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Is this a Dino replica?
Alez

posted on 7/12/12 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Is this a Dino replica?

I've come across this picture recently:

I wouldn't think it's a genuine Dino as it lacks the characteristic corner chrome bumpers.

Although I sometimes see other pictures of Dinos without bumpers, like:

I think the car on the first picture is one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen and I'm curious to know what it is

jps

posted on 7/12/12 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Just bought Kitcar Magazine (i think) and it had an article about someone who is making Dino kits based on MGTF. Isn't one of those by any chance is it? Does look DAMN good!
loggyboy

posted on 7/12/12 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
First one has the bolt holes for the bumpers.

Also googling 'nibelungenfahrt' and 'dino' or '97' comes up with a few pics of it, most mention it as a Dino, none that mention replica.

Mistral Motorsport

jeffw

posted on 7/12/12 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Ferrari 206 GT I think

Alez

posted on 7/12/12 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
It must be a genuine Dino then. In fact, comparing some small shape details to other Dinos, such as the front repeaters, windscreen, side screens and so on, it'd be difficult to believe that a replica can be so accurate. Unless it's in the same league as replicas that even get approved to race continuation series and otherwise damm good ones like the Hawk Stratos or (maybe) Race Car Replicas' cars.
Fred W B

posted on 7/12/12 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
If a replica is made in moulds taken from an original it can be identical to the original. Its then just a case of gettting the detail parts right. Also need to get the right size of wheel/tyre in the right place in the wheel arches.

Cheers

Fred W B

[Edited on 7/12/12 by Fred W B]

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

Alez

posted on 7/12/12 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fred W B
If a replica is made in moulds taken from an original it can be identical to the original. Its then just a case of gettting the detail parts right

I'd say accurate bodywork blueprinting is one of the less difficult parts of the story (or less expensive, since sourcing original parts is an option in many cases).

minitici

posted on 7/12/12 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Just never take a 'replica' Ferrari to Italy - the authorities will crush it!
Alan B

posted on 7/12/12 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alez
I've come across this picture recently:

Honestly I can't say I blame you....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 7/12/12 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
The mirrors look wrong on the second car, if it is real would anyone spoii it by fitting those?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
emlyno

posted on 7/12/12 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Wipers are wrong on the first one and side repeaters and door mirrors on the 2nd are def wrong.
steve m

posted on 7/12/12 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
i would be quite happy with either version, on my drive/garage
myke pocock

posted on 7/12/12 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Come on men. Have just had to change me keks!!! Give me either.
spiderman

posted on 7/12/12 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Got to agree that the 206/246 Dino is in my top 5 best looking cars of all time. Pretty certain the two pictures above are replicas but both look very good with my preference being the first one.

Spider

loggyboy

posted on 7/12/12 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by emlyno
Wipers are wrong on the first one and side repeaters and door mirrors on the 2nd are def wrong.

Their were 3 series of Dino 246, the first had standard left to right wipers, the series 2 and 3 had the 'clap hand' style.
Not all had mirrors, depends on the country they were supplied to, quite possible to have an owner add them.
Side repeaters are US spec. They have angle requirements for indicators just like IVA!

Mistral Motorsport

Alez

posted on 7/12/12 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spiderman
Got to agree that the 206/246 Dino is in my top 5 best looking cars of all time.

I love the rounded shapes of these relatively small classic mid engined cars. The Ginetta G12 is a beauty too in my opinion, specially with Le Mans type headlights. In fact there are few cars that you could park next to a Ferrari 308-328 (another pretty gorgeous car) without making them look plain ugly in comparison, see this:

[Edited on 7/12/12 by Alez]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.