Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: qashqai, kuga, 3008 ?
Jon Ison

posted on 28/12/12 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
qashqai, kuga, 3008 ?

These are the top three on swimbo's wish list, whats peoples thoughts, qashqai is currently in the lead.
perksy

posted on 28/12/12 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Neighbour has a KUGA and loves it

Mate at work had a brand new Qashqai and couldn't wait to get rid of it, had a major gearbox issue and other teething problems which really put him off and he vowed never to buy a Nissan again

Might of been a one off though ?

belgian2b

posted on 28/12/12 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hello,

i had a Kuga when a collegue had a Qashqai.

i really enjoyed every minutes with my car , when my collegue was just waiting to change it.

Gerardo

StevieB

posted on 28/12/12 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
We had a 3008 once as a hire car and didn't rate it very much. Having said that, my neighbour is a Peageot man and loves he bought recently.

Personally, Kuga would probably be my first port of call, though worth test driving them all (and maybe also the VW Tiguan?)

britishtrident

posted on 28/12/12 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
That Nissan is really pure Renault "nuff" said.........................

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

grassracer

posted on 28/12/12 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Had a Kuga from new in July....great in every way so far, were some good deals at the time on the internet which I used as a lever on the salesman at our local dealership with great effect.
At work I've come across the Qashqai a bit and got to admit thats one of the main reasons we went for a Kuga !!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Jon Ison

posted on 28/12/12 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, what sort of mpg are you guys getting from your kuga's, it would be the 2wd version we would be looking at?

Any particular spec to look for, looking at prices 2010 would be what we are looking at, maybe 2011 if we found one in budget.

She currently has a 307cc and likes that just to low to get in and out of regulary plus mum in law can't get in it, that's why the 3008 is on the list, the 307 as and still is a good car, this one anyway.

britishtrident

posted on 28/12/12 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
To throw in something out of left field what about a Kia Sportage or the the new Carens which is due out very soon or the equivalent Hyundai.
Kia have a 7 year warranty Hyundai a 5 year.

Kia like the parent hyundai are a marque that is climbing fast.

[Edited on 28/12/12 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

gordonmcmorran

posted on 28/12/12 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
mrs has a sportage 3, 1.7 crdi,2wd. she thinks its great and i would have to agree with her.she has it in white,i think it is one of those cars where the colour is the most important part.i have seen the same spec car in another colour and it looks like another car.
AndyW

posted on 28/12/12 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gordonmcmorran
mrs has a sportage 3, 1.7 crdi,2wd. she thinks its great and i would have to agree with her.she has it in white,i think it is one of those cars where the colour is the most important part.i have seen the same spec car in another colour and it looks like another car.

Must admit, I never thought about Kia's until I drove one that a work mate had. I then ordered one, Kia 2 1.7crdi Black with black windows and I got it 1st July and done 16,000miles so far and its great car.

Description
Description

grassracer

posted on 28/12/12 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry can't help with mpg...its not low enough to cause alarm and not high enough for me to be astounded so I've never bothered checking!!
Ours is 2wd less weight etc to drag around so probs more mpg than the 4wd, tows our sadavan or race car more than adequately too.
We just have the Zetec version (TDCi) but with an 'appearance pack' which amounts to nice shiny roof rails and privacy glass etc, makes it a bit different without the massive price hike to the Titanium or whatever they call it these days.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
grassracer

posted on 28/12/12 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
Just to add, our 2nd choice was the Sportage!
ReMan

posted on 28/12/12 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
quote:
Originally posted by gordonmcmorran

Must admit, I never thought about Kia's until I drove one that a work mate had. I then ordered one, Kia 2 1.7crdi Black with black windows and I got it 1st July and done 16,000miles so far and its great car.

Description
Description

First Kia i've thought, "i'd buy and be seen in" that and as said, colour and spec make it

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

perksy

posted on 29/12/12 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Had a trip out with a contractor from work in the new Sportage and have to say i was really impressed with how well it was screwed together.
He'd done 40k miles in it and it had never seen the dealership apart from normal servicing.

AndyW

posted on 29/12/12 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Since getting the Kia (its a company car) a few who had qashqai are now looking to change to Kia's. The main point they said was build quality and the kia was way better.
Kia has not got a massive boot but inside we can get 5 adults in fine. Also I go camping alot and with 2 kids and all the camping gear (and the wife packs alot) we get almost all of it in, and the rest goes in a roof box.

Jon Ison

posted on 29/12/12 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
We did own a sorrento at one point, nice car but thirsty, put us off them to be honest.

She sat in a few today, the 3008 is a none starter didn't like the interior, kuga as moved to top spot must say I was impressed myself, she still as the qashqai in mind though, probably going to test drive them both and go from there.

There was a juke sitting on a fourcourt she took an instant shine to it, I honestly thought it was 2 door till I spotted the rear door handles hiding, the boot is soooo tiny though, please god not a juke, looks like a frog on steroids, anyone any experience of the juke ? They look easy to buy hard to sell to me.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.