Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Shoulder width JK seven seats
MarcV

posted on 2/1/13 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Shoulder width JK seven seats

It's about time to order some seats to keep things moving (well, starting up again to be honest). I'm going for the JK seats as I've read great experiences everywhere and they don't cost the world.

So a bit of body measuring quickly identifies that both me and the misses will fit fine within the 39cm seat (38 internal). This leaves three options at the top; 42, 43 and 46cm. Measuring shoulder width comes in at about 45, 46cm, so obviously this is not the figure to use (I'm by no means strong or wide). So how should we determine a suitable width there?

Second question. The drivers seat will be mounted on runners to fit other drivers (my legs are quite short) so I will order the base with it. The passenger side will be fixed all the way back. Should I go for the base here as well to have equal looks and fitment or would it be better to mount it with the brackets and onto the floor to save weight and money? Other things to consider here?

Thanks again!

eddie99

posted on 2/1/13 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Cant help with the higher width option as i dont believe they had any options when i had a pair of seats off them....

However an option to save a bit of cash, is to have base and runnners on drivers side, then passenger side just normal seat and space the seat up to the same height, thats what i did/do. Saves cost of the base (was £30) + runners.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
MarcV

posted on 3/1/13 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, how did you space it (assuming the base and runners add about 3cm)... I could also just leave it a bit lower....
So the base is just of actual use when you'd want the seat to be adjustable, right?

If anybody has an idea on the shoulder width, please don't hesitate ;-)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.