Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Speedo healer
Rogthebandit

posted on 6/1/13 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Speedo healer

How do.

I contacted a seller on ebay regarding a speedo healer for a gixxer 1000 k6 in my indy. He said it wasnt suitable for car installations? Is that correct? It was the v4 model healer. Has anyone else had problems using the healers?

Cheers
Rog

wylliezx9r

posted on 6/1/13 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Worked fine for me, I calibrated it using the speed dispalyed on my sat nav, there is a page on the speedohealer website that works it all out for you.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

daniel mason

posted on 6/1/13 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
healtech v4 are what most use to caliberate clocks.i prefer standalone dash so sold 2 a while back!
contact malc at yorkshire engines,he may have some kicking about!

Rogthebandit

posted on 6/1/13 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the feedback guys. I will try malc. Thanks
cosmick

posted on 6/1/13 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
there is only a bike speedo healer and my one works perfectly in the car. Are you using the standard speedo in your dashboard? If so, the position I took the readings from was the 4 bolts on the front propshaft adapter using the genuine Suzuki speedo pick up.

If it can't be fixed with a hammer then its probably an electrical problem.

wylliezx9r

posted on 6/1/13 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
healtech v4 are what most use to caliberate clocks.i prefer standalone dash so sold 2 a while back!
contact malc at yorkshire engines,he may have some kicking about!

healtech and speedohealer are the same thing, Healtech is the manufacturer of the speedohealer.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

daniel mason

posted on 6/1/13 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
you can get healers for the honda s2000 motor. i had one before i got the dash2. yellow jacket i think it was called

Rogthebandit

posted on 6/1/13 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cosmick
there is only a bike speedo healer and my one works perfectly in the car. Are you using the standard speedo in your dashboard? If so, the position I took the readings from was the 4 bolts on the front propshaft adapter using the genuine Suzuki speedo pick up.

Ya, im using the standard k6 clocks. I havent mounted the pick up yet, i was planning the same place you mention on the front flange. What sort of gap do you need to get it to read?

cosmick

posted on 6/1/13 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rogthebandit
quote:
Originally posted by cosmick

Ya, im using the standard k6 clocks. I havent mounted the pick up yet, i was planning the same place you mention on the front flange. What sort of gap do you need to get it to read?

When I said there is only a bike speedo healer, i meant for the GSX R models. As for the pick up, if you look at my photo archive, you can see how i mounted it. it needs a gap of aout 0.5mm to 1mm if I remember. also, i used the round head of the bolt to act as the pulse not the nuts as shown in the photo. Just turned the bolts around to get the same distance for each bolt head.

If it can't be fixed with a hammer then its probably an electrical problem.

daniel mason

posted on 6/1/13 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
speedtuner make a speedo healer for gsxr's i had one. not that it matters.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.