Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: which side panels?
Dooey99

posted on 7/1/13 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
which side panels?

What side panels should i go for ally ones or ready made fiberglass ones? i can spray paint and have access to a decent painting booth. but i have found these on ebay and they wouldnt cost alot more than buying the bits of ally and shaping them and then painting them.

eBay Item

i think the fiberglass ones look really good but i also like the ally ones and i really cant decide

jossey

posted on 7/1/13 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
These days the cost of ally makes it almost the same as the grp ones in the colour you want.

I started with ally on my old locost n kept damaging it building so I bought grp.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 7/1/13 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
I suppose it depends whether the panels are to be part of the car or just show. A riveted-on alloy panel will add rigidity to the chassis.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bi22le

posted on 7/1/13 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I dont like the look of ali panels. I vinyl wrapped mine black and they look soooOOoo much better.

The point designer makes is a good one and one that make me go ali again and then re vinyl. Then you can choose and change the colour,

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

phil m

posted on 8/1/13 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
I loved the ali look on my locost build
But, boy did it take looking after, especially if you want to use it all year round
Phil

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.