Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Autosport Show - Any Good ?
perksy

posted on 13/1/13 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Autosport Show - Any Good ?

Reading some reports from folks who have been to this years Autosport show that it was poor ?

Anybody go ?

joemotion

posted on 13/1/13 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Was steadyish. Prob wouldn't have bothered if i didn't get the 241 offer on tickets.
will121

posted on 13/1/13 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Just got back, had free tickets didn't get to the live arena this year but no way would I payed £34
For a ticket and £10 parking! bit disappointed can't really buy much only thing I came back with was a £2 extending magnet! Lots of displays of expensive stuff

I went last year as well and enjoyed that more, think it maybe a thing you don't do every year

[Edited on 14/1/13 by will121]

unijacko67

posted on 13/1/13 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Went on Saturday and thought it was ok. Live show at 6pm was good especially the three wheelers & the autograss cars are awesome.

All in all I thought they put a good show on with monster truck and a few surprises at the end.

Good day out.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
johnny chimpo

posted on 13/1/13 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
I went yesterday, it's the first time me or any of my 3 mates that came along had been. We all Really enjoyed it, good stuff on show and the live action area was good and plenty to see. Although I never bought anything, don't really know what I was hoping to buy, but whatever it was I never seen it.

Will be going again next year.

Proby

posted on 13/1/13 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
I spent the day there yesterday and enjoyed it. I haven't been for about 7 years and really had a good mooch about. Plenty to see, live action arena was okay too. Not sure it would have been worth full ticket price?

Visit GraphicMonster

ianclark1275

posted on 13/1/13 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote
one of the rallycross drivers was doing some stuff in an Aston martin in the live arena

James bond theme i think

i couldn't go but if anyone saw it, please comment ;-)

measure twice, cut once, scrap it, start again.

RickRick

posted on 14/1/13 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
he'd bent the aston by the time we saw the show at 3.30 on saturday, so was demoted to a 206 with the other 2 bond girls, just handbrakes j turns that sort of thing
DanG

posted on 14/1/13 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
I always thought that the Autosport International show acted as an almost season opener for British Motorsport. To this end I felt the "live show" was extremely poor.

British Motorsport has a huge variety of different & exciting race series. Many, many different exciting types of motorsport take place all over the UK every weekend. The live show did not show this variety. Instead it only took the opportunity to show a tiny handful of motorsport types (some not great at all) and filled the gaps with presenter drivel.

The show in the exhibtion halls was excellent. The exhibition halls show the huge variety in motorsport and industries set up around it.

As a season opener and a way of attracting new and young people into Bitish Motorsport the "live show" really has to be improved.

As ever this is only my opinion. I am sure I will visit Autosport again next year.

dhutch

posted on 14/1/13 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
I was part of the autosolo display outside, so got exhibiter tickets for me and my mate through that.

Having been before there was a lot that I could 'take or leave' so to speak, didnt get onto the stand for the live show and didnt pay the £10 to do so, but watch from the side as we had 'padock passes' and thought it was a bit of a mixed bag, and supprisingly slow moving, with fairly awful sound set up (over loud, boomy, unclear, etc) although the lights where good.

Also got into the Coys area and had a look round some interesting stuff in there, and went round some of the £500k motorhomes with my girlfreind which was also interesting. Last year I picked up some nice posters for sensable money and some flyers for rallies/chalenges which i thought I might get around to this year, but I either didnt get to that part, or it wasnt there.

I also spoke to RoadRunner about their SR2 whichwas new to me, which was interesting, although I had to rush off after only a short chat but looked a nice car, honest package, and to have an understanding of customer service/support.

If i was going not as part of a stand I would have made time to look at the stand list, and forinstance, spent some time talking to simpsons exhausts about why there exhausts appear to be quieter than the paul gooderham can I have on my own car.

I was also told 'that was much better than the caterham experience ride, which was £10' I saw their display, and it was more professionsal than ours, but I can see that it might not have the same thrill, and certainly have always been amazed that they can charge £10 a hit, as of cause wesfeild do at stoneleigh.

Daniel

unijacko67

posted on 16/1/13 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
I’m not sure if all the shows where the same as we went for the last show of the day with the oval racing, F1 & F2 stockcars, Autograss, Junior Mini & a couple of other formula heats and finals, all a bit staged perhaps as the drivers kept the racing close and I don’t think for points, but still going for it. Then there was the 4 drift cars, moto x bikes doing the back flips, monster truck doughnuts and ran over the health and safety chaps car sketch. 007 was a bit of a gap filler then the doughnut car on the stadium roof with the fireworks at the end so it lasted about an hour and a half. They ran the event almost non stop with the next heats having rolling starts straight out of the pits so to speak as the last event had barely left the track. Well run in my opinion. Anyone else do the 6pm start show on Saturday 12th and where the other shows similar as I hadn’t been involved in the ordering of the tickets, but believe the last show was billed as a finale.

Sorry almost forgot the 3 wheeler race, how could I. Shame on me!!!

[Edited on 16/1/13 by unijacko67]

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.