Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Chassis for sale
tomprescott

posted on 12/2/13 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
Chassis for sale

Hi All,

Happy lunar new year (Chuc Mung Nam Moi!)

I have an unused locost chassis for sale, essentially book spec but the prop tunnel is slightly wider and higher than standard to allow for larger gearbox's.

I bought this a while ago, cleaned it up and then gave it a couple of coats of hammerite to stop it going rusty (I'll get some pics up soon).

It's currently living in my parents house, I've been out of the country for the last three years (and don't intend coming back too soon) and they're moving house soon so it really needs to go.

My parents place is in Wiltshire, just off J17 of the M4. I'm open to offers but was thinking circa 200.

Thanks,

Tom

A bird in the hand....

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

R1GUY

posted on 12/2/13 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
hi, who built it? is it all ready to go i.e. just strat bolting and building or are other parts required to be welded to it?

thanks

tomprescott

posted on 13/2/13 at 03:15 AM Reply With Quote
The previous owner built it, hence the slightly wider tunnel - he was planning on fitting a manta box. Some of the welding looks really good but other parts look like they would benefit from being done again.

Front suspension mounts are all fitted but the rear isn't. The rear top hoop isn't on and the bits of the rear that are already there are for a solid axle set-up. Since there isn't much there at the moment, it would be easy to change it to suit a de dion or IRS set-up. It would also need the top bar for the dash/bonnet height adding.

Currently it doesn't have a roll bar but a roll bar will come with it - no feet welded on yet so it can either be welded straight on, or have feet for a bolt-on fitting.

Provided it hasn't been sold since I've been away, there may also be a nosecone available to go with it, but don't count on that being included, consider it a bonus if it is!

Sorry if my replies are a bit slow, with the time difference I will probably take a day to respond to anything that comes after 2 or 3pm UK time.

A bird in the hand....

tomprescott

posted on 17/2/13 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
I have a few pics now but for some reason can't upload them to my profile, keeps saying there is an error due to the files having special characters in the name (they don't)... anybody have any ideas?

A bird in the hand....

owelly

posted on 17/2/13 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Just upload the piccies to photobucket and paste the IMG.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.