Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 4 wheel car trailer
NS Dev

posted on 24/2/13 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
4 wheel car trailer

Selling my 4 wheel car trailer.

I have used it for a fair few years now (10 iirc) and it has always towed very nicely, much better at speed than many newer ones that I have hired.

Its fairly lightweight, I think from weighbridge memory its around 450kg unladen.

It's overrun braked, on one axle (that's how it was from the manufacturer)

The lights work apart from one side marker which has a broken bulb holder.

It will take a vehicle exactly 6 ft wide maximum (my old autograss car was exactly 6ft wide and it fitted) and the wheel troughs are 14ft long. It has full steel pressed troughs, and has also had a bike wheel trough welded on as well. The ramps are fabricated by me as it had none when I got it, they are ladder type things with angle sides and 19mm box section treads.

The trailer is painted black, and with a little bit of paint here and there would look pretty reasonable.

The double plastic mudguards are a little tatty and could do with replacing, although they are still on, in one piece and cover the wheels correctly (just one is cracked and the other distorted from being too close to a bonfire!)

I'm after £400 for it

will post pics as soon as I get chance to get some!

thanks

Nat

[Edited on 24/2/13 by NS Dev]

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

beaver34

posted on 24/2/13 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
im interested if you could get some pics up

when was the last time you used it?

NS Dev

posted on 24/2/13 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
Used it last week! It's been in regular use with me for last 10 years, and has pretty much new tyres all round (car not trailer ones but I was never bothered!) but the spare is knackered (has perished and split). Brakes work fine, only issue is they should be on all 4 wheels on new trailers, but i assume this one dates back to before that rule, as its certainly professionally made not home made, but the rear axle has no brake provision at all, just bare hubs

Oh and its got a decent manual winch on it too

Ps reason for sale is that we have just bought a merc sprinter fridge van for our work runabout which I can get my autograss car in the back of, and I can't use the trailer for work now without a tacho, so I just use a transport company (who usually don't bother with the tacho either but thats up to them!)

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Trollyjack

posted on 25/2/13 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Would a locost fit on it

TrollyJack

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 25/2/13 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Yep!! A locost and a decent size tyre rack, plus some space for jerry cans and a toolbox, its pretty big!

NS Dev

posted on 25/2/13 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Piccies:

NS Dev

posted on 25/2/13 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
please excuse the surrounding mess, its in a neighbouring yard and the yards main user is the guy in the yellow jacket seeing what I was doing!

NS Dev

posted on 25/2/13 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
some where I have a little bar that slots into the two brackets on the front to clamp 4 wheels (with tyres on obviously) across the front which i used to use to take my spare set with the grasser. On one side of those I strapped down two jerry cans and the other side I had a steel box that I strapped down with my oil, tools etc etc in it.

JAMSTER

posted on 26/2/13 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
u2u
Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 26/2/13 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Does it have a plate with the weights etc? just wondering if the Volvo can tow this as it may be a bit big.
NS Dev

posted on 26/2/13 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hi no the plate is missing, looks like it disappeared long ago!

You can put whatever weight you want on the plate, if you get pulled, you will be checked against whats on the plate, so it depends more on the unladen weight of the trailer and the weight of the car you want to put on it.

The trailer is around 450kg, and off the top of my head big volvo estates can generally tow around 1700kg, so you'd be looking at 1250kg weight of car on the trailer. (obviously this is assumed based on a guessed GTW for the volvo, but im sure the 940 I had was around those figures)

You can "downplate" a big trailer to get its gross weight within your cars GTW, though obviously this reduces how much you can put on the trailer!

NS Dev

posted on 28/2/13 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
anybody interested before it goes on ebay next week?

Lingy

posted on 28/2/13 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
U2u sent
NS Dev

posted on 19/3/13 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
never got as far as the bay as got messed about a bit, so its still for sale, any takers?

Open to offers, though not silly ones as I've been offered £300 by a guy in the next unit at work

[Edited on 19/3/13 by NS Dev]

AvonJas

posted on 20/3/13 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
Trailer

U2u sent

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.