Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Clear out of Locost and X-flow bits
82 Locost

posted on 3/3/13 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Clear out of Locost and X-flow bits

All items can be collected from YO30 2AA (Linton on Ouse, Yorks) or FY8 5DR (Lytham St Annes, Lancs)

If you think my prices are too high, make me an offer.

Item 1: 1300cc Cylinder head. Good condition BUT there is the remains of a drill in one of the exhaust stud threads and approximately 8mm of thread remains beyond this. It was like it when I got it! No valves or studs fitted, all other threads appear good. Spark plug threads good. Numbers stamped on the top are 8E12 and 37.

£15 collected (can post at cost)

Item 2: 1300cc Cylinder head. This head will require a skim as there is some water damage. With a 2-3mm skim this would be removed (and the valves would be raised to improve the compression ratio too). Exhaust studs fitted and inlet threads good. Spark plug threads good. Numbers stamped on the top are 8E12 T15 and 37.

£25 collected (can post at cost)

Item 3: 1300cc crankshaft At 53.9mm/49.1mm measured (on my calipers) so I thinks it's a zero/zero crank. Overall OK condition for a quick polish and then to be slapped into an engine, but if I was racing it or building a 7500rpm screamer I'd take it to 10 thou.

Item 4: 1300cc crankshaft At 53.4mm/48.6mm = -.020"/-.020" = 20 thou re-grind on all journals (on my calipers). Overall OK condition for a quick polish and then to be slapped into an engine, but if I was racing it or building a 7500rpm screamer I'd take it to 30 thou.

Item 5: Kent Cams BCF3 camshaft I think this is the biggest lift/duration you can get without having to machine the cylinder head. Great7condition and hasn't been used that much. There is a light water mark on the end journal (the non-drive end) but it only covers 1/3 of the width and would probably polish out.

£40 collected (can post at cost)

Item 6: AE Oil pump Been used, but not for long. Kept as a spare for racing.

Other bits that don't need a full description (all prices collected, can post at cost):

1300cc oil pick-ups (3 of) - £5 each collected

Timing cover (731M6059AA) includes new oil seal - £8 collected

Inlet manifold (711F9425HC) - £15 collected

Timing chain (used but seems to do the job) - £5 collected

Engine back plate (bottom half) - £5 collected (2 available)

Clutch and pressure plate. Used, but good for a spare - £6.12 collected

1300cc sump - good condition with sump plug, gasket face flat £20 collected

Rear Brakes - 8 inch. Used, but still good. One drum had been hacked about to get it to fit over a halfshaft. Drums still have a lot of life left. Changed these for 9" ones, otherwise I'd have kept using them. £15 collected

Front Calipers - Again, these are use but changed for new ones that came with new disks, otherwise I'd have kept using them. I'm sure they're fine, but selling as requiring a refurb. PRICED TO SELL because they're taking up space! £15 collected - SOLD

Radiator - Brand new , but with storage marks. This was kept as a spare that I never got round to using. Has a screw cap and overflow and modified inlet/outlet pipes (90 degrees off) £35 collected

Cosmo mig welder, CO2 bottle and mask

Axle case - usable with a little work - £10 collected

Coilover springs , all 8" long and 1.9" inner diameter

2x300lb - £19
2x250lb- £19 SOLD
2x225lb- £19
4x180lb (or 2x180lb if req) - £19 per pair or £35 for all 4
3x400lb (yes 3, but 3 for the price of 2) - £19

2004 MOMO Nomex race suit. Size Medium (54) I'm 5'9" and a 40" chest and fitted me fine at both 11 and 13 stone , but would fit taller/shorter and fatter/thinner. Overall very good condition with a couple of minor issues (see below and pics). The elasticated sleeves are still stretchy and it has always been stored out of sunlight so it hasn't faded. PM me for pics, I can't seem to get these ones to work!

Meets current Blue Book requirement for a race suit (Standard 8856 2000).

There is a little wear to the stitching over the right hand pocket (caused by harness straps). There is also a small patch on the seat (approx 2" by 1" ) where there was a small tear. I had the suit patched by a seamstress in the same nomex material in the same colour with the same stitching so it barely shows.

£150.

Yellow genuine Westfield bonnet

Dimensions:

Length 99cm
Width at rear: 96.5cm
Drop at rear: 18cm
Width at front: 70cm
Drop at front: 16.5cm

Overall good condition, but with some minor damage, most notably at the front corners. Paint in good condition. £30.

Fire Extinguisher and mounting bracket

Will need to be re-filled. Or, can be used as a weapon next time you get cut up by a muppet in a Volvo. The gauge appears to show it holds pressure well.

£make me an offer, but obviously not a massive one.

[IMG]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb231/mikepage_02/th_Firex1.jpg[/ IMG]

DAMAGED but cheap Sparco Formula Helmet. Size Small (56cm).

This helmet was dropped a while ago and as a result was no longer suitable to race with. However, it would be ideal for an open-topped car where the driver needed protection from the wind and insects. Other than the small crack on the left hand side, the helmet is in good condition. The visor is OK and could do with a clean. If you're really picky you may want to change this or fit a sexy mirrored one! It's a non-HANS helmet. £30

[Edited on 3/3/13 by 82 Locost]

[Edited on 4/3/13 by 82 Locost]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

pekwah1

posted on 3/3/13 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
What stamps/certs does the helmet have e.g. Acu gold etc
Would you be willing to post?

82 Locost

posted on 3/3/13 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Willing to post at cost.

The helmet has a red sticker saying 'Certified to British Standard 182233 BS6658-85 Type A/FR'

It's this helmet

snippy

posted on 3/3/13 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
U2U re calipers
chicade

posted on 3/3/13 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
U2u ref 250lb springs
Trollyjack

posted on 3/3/13 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
u2u send re
oil pump
inlet manifold
and clutch

TrollyJack

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
82 Locost

posted on 4/3/13 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Springs posted today, calipers will be posted tomorrow.

These people are cheap for postage, btw.

82 Locost

posted on 5/3/13 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
Calipers sent.
Westy1994

posted on 6/3/13 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent
82 Locost

posted on 14/3/13 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Bumpity

250 and 225 lb springs sold.
Calipers sold

The rest is still up for grabs, don't be shy to make an offer but some of it has migrated to eBay too.

[Edited on 14/3/13 by 82 Locost]

nogger827

posted on 18/3/13 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
hi mate any chance of a picture of the inlet manifold please
82 Locost

posted on 19/3/13 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry mate, inlet manifold sold (£20 on eBay)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.