Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: tonneau cover
floaty

posted on 9/3/13 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
tonneau cover

hi has softbits for 7s gone tits up as i would like a tonneau cover for my indy and can't reach the company ! is there another supplier of tonneau covers that i can get one from or has anyone got one for sale onhere ? cheers floaty.
rusty nuts

posted on 9/3/13 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Get one made to fit your car by your local car upholsterer
coozer

posted on 9/3/13 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
I tried a few times to get softbits interested in my MNR, even bringing it up the door at Stoneleigh in sight of their stand..

They where never bothered about mine.. seems they only spark up if you have a Cateringvan....

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

RK

posted on 10/3/13 at 03:46 AM Reply With Quote
Is there a reason you can't make it yourself? I mean, I have screwed up pretty much everything on my car, but managed. Just use a big needle in the sewing machine. It is really quite easy, and I don't say that lightly.
steve8274

posted on 10/3/13 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
I was thinking of making my own but what material do people use. Was going to make it so I could hide/cover roof when it isn't in use.
Steve

RK

posted on 10/3/13 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.amazon.co.uk/BLACK-LEATHER-FABRIC-LEATHERETTE-UPHOLSTERY/dp/B0042EPKOG
austin man

posted on 10/3/13 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Ideally you need to use a leather needle in the macchine they are stronger, also a strong thread not just your usual cotton

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

ceebmoj

posted on 10/3/13 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
I have just posted some pictures of making my tonneau cover. I bought 3 meters of 60" waterproof canvas this is loads more than I needed, a zip, poppers, edge binding tape, some chalk and treated cotton all from ebay, total cost about £25 delivered and I had enough stuff to make two covers. If I was making another I would not bother with the zip in the center, I just fold the drivers side under and have never undone the zip.

Description
Description

Laying out the fabric and marking up

Description
Description

Making pockets for seats and searing wheel

Description
Description

Zip sown in with the a pleat to cover zip. PS if you intend to fit a zip you might want to work out from that.

Description
Description

Marking out and fitting poppers Zip not yet finished off

Description
Description

Final timing before edge binding drivers side

So 5 steps and done. You can make one up in a couple of evenings if you have the car to hand to make the pattern from. if any one is in the Manchester area and wants a hand let me know.

blockhead_rich

posted on 23/3/13 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Floaty
Let me know if you find a local company to do this for you as I'm only just up the road and I'd be interested to get one made too. I'm also on the look out for a company to make me some sidescreens too as I just don't have the time to do it myself at the moment.

Rich

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.