Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec plumbing
davo

posted on 16/3/13 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec plumbing

Hi
I've plumbed in my black top zetec as per searches on the forum.
What I'm not sure of ,or may be I missed it,is do I simply blank off the two pipes on the off side of the thermostat housing.
Hope this makes sense.
Cheers

big_wasa

posted on 16/3/13 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
There are four outlets on the stat housing.

When looking from the front, the pipe that sticks out and points to the steering column is the feed for the heater matrix so if you havnt got one blank it of.

The other three want plumbing in. You have the bypass and the bleed aswell as the main 32mm top hose that goes to the top of the rad.

BaileyPerformance

posted on 16/3/13 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davo
Hi
I've plumbed in my black top zetec as per searches on the forum.
What I'm not sure of ,or may be I missed it,is do I simply blank off the two pipes on the off side of the thermostat housing.
Hope this makes sense.
Cheers

You can black off both pipes (don't join them) as long as you drill a 6mm hole in the base of the thermostat to allow some water flow when the stat is closed. Otherwise you need to T into the rad bottom hose and connect the bypass hose to it assuming you have no heater?

the smallest pipe on the top of the housing goes to the header tank, the biggest to the top of the rad.

[Edited on 16/3/13 by BaileyPerformance]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
davo

posted on 16/3/13 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Slightly confused now !
On the steering column side I have two pipes one 8mm and one 19 mm. Can I blank these two off
I have no heater.
On the opposite side I have piped the 32 mm pipe to the top of the rad. The 19 mm outlet to a tee in the bottom hose.
The 8 mm pipe off the top of the stat housing has a Tee going to rad bleed and expansion tank bleed.
I also have a pipe running from bottom of expansion tank to a tee in the bottom hose.
Cheers

big_wasa

posted on 17/3/13 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
So your saying yours has five outlets ? With two 8mm bleeds ? ive never seen one of them if you have. From 92 to 04 the lay out is more or less the same.

Yes just blank the heater feed with a bit of pipe and a bung.

Have you got a photo ? Your not on about the crank case breather hose are you ? Its just below the heater outlet and around 8mm.

[Edited on 17/3/13 by big_wasa]

davo

posted on 17/3/13 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Doh that's what you get for not looking properly.
Yes it's only got four. The lower is obviously crankcase breather. Best not block that off!!
Thanks for your help.

big_wasa

posted on 17/3/13 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I block that of aswell

The pcv valve only operates under vacuume and is controled via the ecu.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.