Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Seats, Kirkey vs. Tillet
pgpsmith

posted on 24/3/13 at 04:14 AM Reply With Quote
Seats, Kirkey vs. Tillet

Has anyone experienced Kirkey and/or Tillet seats in a 7? I'm comparing the Tillet B6F, which has a 30 degree layback and head-rest positioned for helmet clearance, with Kirkey, ButlerBuilt, or Ultra Shield aluminum seats, which have less layback (18-25 degrees) and no apparent "helmet hunch" accommodation (it's tough to imagine they don't have that right, though). They do have what looks like much better rib and shoulder support, also options for a helmet halo. I've ridden helmeted in the Caterham seats (equivalent, I'm told, of Tillet B6, not B6F) and found the head-rest pushed the helmet forward, making for a slightly vulturish driving posture.

The seat is for a trackday and race car. I currently spec out at 6'1, 170lbs, 33inch inseam (185 cm, 77Kg, 84 cm, 12.1429 stone, according to google). Has anyone tried a halo seat? Annoying or innocuous?

Pete

Live and don't learn, that's us. - Calvin and Hobbes

RK

posted on 24/3/13 at 04:20 AM Reply With Quote
Any reason not to make a foam one? You will sit lower too.
pgpsmith

posted on 24/3/13 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the reminder. I wanted to have an instructor's/joyrider's seat as well, but now that you mention it, there's no reason not to make it a generic foam. Well, they'd also need a headrest and the cage diagonal only gives that to the driver, but I could fabricate a lollypop.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 24/3/13 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
I had the Kirkey seats in my Aries, but I was after a seat that would give me the most room inside the car, as I am 6' 3" and at 18 stone trying to fit in the Aries I required all the help I could get, they fitted flat to the floor and the angle of the back rest, matched the angle of the rear bulkhead, so perfect for me, but the big chest support wings can be a a bit of a pain for every use, getting in and out etc, but they are great on track when you need that extra support , having said all that, I would not use them again, between two seats in your choice, I would go for the Tillets Pete

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

pgpsmith

posted on 26/3/13 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, Paul!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.