Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fitting bike carbs ???
maccavvy

posted on 26/3/13 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
fitting bike carbs ???

Ive got some fireblade carbs and a gbs manifold en route.the carbs have the rubber bits to fasten to the the manifold.
ive got a pressure regulator and pipe..need a t piece though.

Where would I get a throttle and choke cable from. plus the top pipes are a breather iirc ,do I leave this just to vent ,theres also a large diameter pipe between the carbs..whats that for ????

any advice appreciated

Understeer , when the front hits a wall
Oversteer, when the back hits a wall
Horsepower ,how fast you hit the wall
Torque ,how far you take the wall with you

maccmike

posted on 26/3/13 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
pedal bike cables fit. Only light load going through it. Get tandem bike cables as theyre long.
Pipe in the middle is fuel inlet?

myke pocock

posted on 26/3/13 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
The large diameter pipe is classified as a sub-air cleaner pipe and should have a small plastic box with a foam filter on the end of it. I just bought a standard rigid choke cable for mine but dont realy have to use the choke much. Also the throttle cable is a standard type but I made up a grooved idler wheel mounted on a small bracket to fit to the top of the carbs. I think some people just use a bit of small bore pipe bend at 90 dgress with the cable passing through but I didnt find that very efficient. Mind you my carbs are on a Skoda Estelle trials car so get a lot of on/off throttle at times.
Does your pressure regulator have a gauge on it as the carbs need to run at quite a specific pressure?
I do have the Fireblade manual on disc so if anyone wants the relevant bits copied I can send them for a few pence.

mcerd1

posted on 27/3/13 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
The large diameter pipe is classified as a sub-air cleaner pipe and should have a small plastic box with a foam filter on the end of it.

or plumb it onto the backplate of the air filter - thats how they are plumbed on the bikes

I got the backplate from the matching bike airbox for my carbs (complete with rubbers and trumpets) it includes the attachment for this pipe

I'm going to graft the backplate onto the air filter backplate for what I hope will be a nice neat solution....

quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
Does your pressure regulator have a gauge on it as the carbs need to run at quite a specific pressure?

a fuel pump from a carb'd bike of similar size/power is ideal for this - as they self-regulate the pressure
plus you can get them for ~£25 from bike breakers

(I've got a ZX9R pump for mine, they come on a nice little mounting bracket with a fuel filter)

[Edited on 27/3/2013 by mcerd1]

-

puma931

posted on 27/3/13 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
I bought a classic mini choke cable and fitted it to my zzr600 carbs ( cost £5 for a new one on ebay).
FASTdan

posted on 27/3/13 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
I stock the bike throttle cable assemblies (inner, outer, barrel adjuster, steel tube bend) - there will still be some adapting to do and you may wish to fit a full new inner cable for length reasons but the other parts often help.

Likewise I have a small stock of bike fuel pumps available. U2U for details.

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.