Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: any hill or sprint open days where you dont need to be a member of the local club?
daniel mason

posted on 28/3/13 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
any hill or sprint open days where you dont need to be a member of the local club?

am looking into sprinting/hillclimbs (preferably practice/open days) but every one ive found,apart from an open day at harewood (which is the same day as barbon championship round) requires you to be a member of the local club.
any meets where you can just pay.turn up and ride?

ianclark1275

posted on 28/3/13 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
i know it has a fee but its not much ;-)

measure twice, cut once, scrap it, start again.

JacksAvon

posted on 29/3/13 at 01:38 AM Reply With Quote
Possibly the RAF MSA Speed Challenge at RAF Barkston Heath.

£10 annual membership.

£50 for a days competitive sprinting
3 timed practice, 2 timed runs in the morning
2 timed practice 3 timed runs in the afternoon.
Whatever time remains at the end of the day it is given to free practice.

several dates per year including some sprint track days

Contact me for further details

Westy1994

posted on 29/3/13 at 05:37 AM Reply With Quote
I am surprised that this forum has not offered itself forward for membership of the MSA, we have enough members (they only need a min of 25) and with an annual fee of £68 (for 2013) it would not take too long to recoup that back, hell even I would join as a full member if it meant me being able to read about someone's race weekend, you can have a hidden forum section for the folks who pay. The only stumbling block is they need a committee, they need 8 members as a min and a max of 16.

I don't see a reason why committee meetings can't be done online, instead of all round a table. And you won't need someone to take the mintues either, just print the chat out....lol.

Considering the vast majority of our cars are designed for competition use in the first place, it seems silly not to at least consider joining surely? Also I suspect an awful lot of regular members here have had an active motorsport career, if not current, its past or like Dan a new competitor.

The insurance company that sponsors this forum view it as a club, so why shouldn't the MSA?

Admin?

[Edited on 29/3/13 by Westy1994]

silky16v

posted on 29/3/13 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
Dan don't forget Kirkbride next month for the drag day
Jon Ison

posted on 29/3/13 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JacksAvon
Possibly the RAF MSA Speed Challenge at RAF Barkston Heath.

£10 annual membership.

£50 for a days competitive sprinting
3 timed practice, 2 timed runs in the morning
2 timed practice 3 timed runs in the afternoon.
Whatever time remains at the end of the day it is given to free practice.

several dates per year including some sprint track days

Contact me for further details

I will start by making it clear you personally did your best the second time, however having filled in the application forms twice now to join the above and to date still not heard a thing back you may find it difficult to register for the championship, shame as the two events I did last years as a guest where thoroughly enjoyable, I will probably not cut my nose off to spite my face and do the same again this year, just membership cards seem to be made from unobtainium.

AdrianH

posted on 29/3/13 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Westy1994
I am surprised that this forum has not offered itself forward for membership of the MSA, we have enough members (they only need a min of 25) and with an annual fee of £68 (for 2013) it would not take too long to recoup that back, hell even I would join as a full member if it meant me being able to read about someone's race weekend, you can have a hidden forum section for the folks who pay. The only stumbling block is they need a committee, they need 8 members as a min and a max of 16.
Snip

Not trying to put a downer on this, but would the 'club' not need articles, finances and all the rest that goes with it? On the other side there are lots of regional clubs in the North West. have a look at http://www.anwcc.org/member_clubs.htm for a list. Or even http://www.sd34msg.org.uk/

I am in Bolton Le Moors club and my annual membership only costs £7.00, for the family would be £12. Wigton is £16. Fees are similar around most of them.

The Longton and District Car club in Preston are involved with Speed and Hill climb events and when in one club they are open to others of the area.

One of the main organisation of the clubs is of marshalling, at the smaller Autosolo and testing drivers will also Marshall, but generally at the Speed and Hill Climb the Marshall’s are completely separate which is why these events cost a a fare bit more.

All the speed and racing type events seem to be under regs from the MSA and from time to time clubs can be in trouble for getting it wrong and can have fines set upon them if the organisation is not up to it.

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

Alfa145

posted on 29/3/13 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
There is the annual RHOCaR pilgrimage to Barkston Heath. Loads of runs for £50, so great for getting a grip of the track/new car, read up here: http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=35873
Westy1994

posted on 29/3/13 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I am quite sure there is more to it than simply paying a fee and getting official recognition, my thoughts were aimed at hosting events, this would enhance the profile of the club away from a computer, a lot of folks here go to the track in Lincoln. the 'club' would be able to host its own event say, The Locost Builders Sprint Championship for example.

Having said all that, when competing in motorsport, joining a motor club was just part of how you went racing, in the same way buying a racesuit was.

daniel mason

posted on 30/3/13 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
id love to become part of a locostbuilders club for events etc. other clubs hire venues so we should easily be able to do the same.
im sure we could get great amounts of numbers participating. it would be fantastic!
im a member of wigton and have msa non race B lisence but wanted to do some other hills and sprints without joining all the local clubs!
do you think it would be possible to get something sorted westy 1994?

Westy1994

posted on 30/3/13 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Dan

You don't need to join all clubs, the event you plan on doing will have had invited clubs, as long as you are the member of one of those clubs then you are ok. Are Wigton a part of a regional 'group' based association?. I was a member of Wallasey Motor Club ( was the comp sec for a few years as well, lol ) but they were grouped with the ANWCC, if the ANWCC were invited to an event , you as a member would automatically be invited.

As for sorting something, it's not my call - I dont own the name Locost Builders, I don't mind helping out where I can but my hands are somewhat tied.

daniel mason

posted on 30/3/13 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
thanks,id also help where possible! got a trackday as a shakedown on 22/04/13 but then want to do some non competative sprints an hills. is aintree a good venue?

Westy1994

posted on 30/3/13 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Just checked for you

Wigton Motor Club organise a range of events, catering for both modern and historic competitors. As a member of the association of North East and Cumbria Car Clubs (ANECC), the Association of Scottish Car Clubs and Association of North West Car Clubs, this allows our members to compete in events from the north of Scotland down to the Midlands, including virtually any event in the North of England.

So you are eligible for all events within those associations, and by the looks of it , its a fair few, you could be competing every weekend I think....

daniel mason

posted on 30/3/13 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
fantastic. thanks for your continued help mate! much appreciated. i only hope the little fury does ok

Westy1994

posted on 30/3/13 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
thanks,id also help where possible! got a trackday as a shakedown on 22/04/13 but then want to do some non competative sprints an hills. is aintree a good venue?

Aintree is fun, lots of run off room, and good test for top speeds if the same layout is used as my last event was, not often on hillclimbs you get anywhere near flat out !!

Westy1994

posted on 30/3/13 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Dan, don't forget to get the signatures on your 'B' licence at each official race event, if you get enough sigs , you can upgrade to Non Race Nat 'A', I wish someone had told me that before I had started because I wasted the first 6 events and did not get my sigs.

ETA

I notice they are running at 3 sisters, thats a Karting track, very very twisty, good fun in a small car - thats one you have to do as well. Let me know when you move to hills.

[Edited on 30/3/13 by Westy1994]

daniel mason

posted on 30/3/13 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
yeah,cheers, i had read about that somewhere!

Westy1994

posted on 30/3/13 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
No worries, a question from me, I haven't checked the MSA site yet, but does anyone know if a Non Race Nat A licence ever expires?, not that I have the cash to do it again at the moment , but nice to know if I happen upon a few spare grand, I would be tempted backl. Last raced in 2002...

I know it needs paying for every year, but if you dont race for a few years what's the score?

[Edited on 30/3/13 by Westy1994]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.