Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ARB advice needed
Boltsy

posted on 9/4/13 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
ARB advice needed

Can someone inpart their advice please......I have rebuilt my Westfield Megablade over the winter ready for the new race season in RGB. In setting up the ride height and corner weighting, i discovered the old shocks & springs were u/s so a new set of Pro comp double adjustable shocks were installed on 250lb springs (all round).
When i went to install the fronts, the shock tops foweled the Westfield Anti Roll bar set up so it was removed with a view to replacing it later with a more bespoke arrangement.
Having done a fair bit of research now, i have managed to get totally confused as to weather or not i actually need an anti roll bar at all, as the consensus seems to lean towards the fact that they are only used to "fine tune" roll & pitch of the car.
So i guess the question is a) should i replace the front ARB b) should i run with no ARB's front & rear c) leave the rear connected and no front d0 just set the car up using the bump & rebound adjustments only (help there too please!)

Really confused..HEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!

Limitation starts where the visions end - Jimmy Johnson

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
procomp

posted on 9/4/13 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hi.
Are you sure you have my dampers on. I would not have suplied 250lb springs.
If you want to give me a call in the workshop ill give you some ideas re roll bars. for example i do 9 different strength bars for the front end.
Cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Boltsy

posted on 10/4/13 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Matt,
Purchased through Andy at AB...They are the ones you had to supply the 1" longer top mounts for about a month ago. What can you offer for the front end as Brands is looming up fast. Was going to make one from scratch but can't get any 1/2" Dia. EN47 Bar. Seems to be like rocking horse S**t or cost an arm & a leg.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Boltsy

posted on 10/4/13 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
BTW, Springs weren't from you!

procomp

posted on 10/4/13 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hi.
There is confusion some where as i havent suppled AB any dampers.
Re roll bars etc. just give me a call in workshop. 0121 3503258.
Cheers Matt.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Boltsy

posted on 11/4/13 at 05:45 AM Reply With Quote
Checked them out and they are Protech shocks....ooooops! I'll call you later on

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.