Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Global GT at Santa Pod
metro6r4

posted on 21/4/13 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Global GT at Santa Pod

I had a great day at santa pod yesterday, finnaly getting some seat time in the global.Man i loved it i just cant get over the diffrence in acceleration from my old toys looking foward to making a few changes and having another go. my fastest time was a 12.705 on a set of wets.

credit for the photos goes to blackett photography

Wheels244

posted on 21/4/13 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Nice looking motor.

Not bad times either.

metro6r4

posted on 21/4/13 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
cheers mate im well chuffed with it and im planning a return visit soon just got a few jobs to do first and i m going to look into a few upgrades including a makeover for the car
loggyboy

posted on 21/4/13 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Is that Ians old car?

Mistral Motorsport

metro6r4

posted on 21/4/13 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
yes mate
Rupturedduck

posted on 22/4/13 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the world of Global GT Lights! It's a fun, yet small place!

Glad to see Ian's beastie getting some peddling. Are you planning other events or just drag racing? You should hit 11ish for a 1/4.

wee beastie

posted on 22/4/13 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Great to see the Beastie out

My best 1/4 mile was a 12.2 at Odiham airfield, which is slightly uphill. As Mark says (Rupturedduck) says, an 11ish if possible

Be interested to know what upgrades you're planning. I saw a photo of the car on the trailer up at AB Performance a few weeks ago. You been speaking to Andy about engine upgrades?

They aren't cars, they are incline assault vehicles!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rupturedduck

posted on 22/4/13 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
You went better than that at Brighton didn't you Ian?
wee beastie

posted on 22/4/13 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rupturedduck
You went better than that at Brighton didn't you Ian?

I think my quickest there was about 12.4.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eddie99

posted on 22/4/13 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
Tidy car you have there, video looks good but get the car on a proper circuit track and thats when you will start to really enjoy the car

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
metro6r4

posted on 22/4/13 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
im looking into playing with the current engine a bit and seeing how far i can go with it but i have spoken to andy about going down the fireblade route but if i do it will be a fully built turbocharged engine im just considering my options at the moment i had a bit of a setback when i got it as i had to buy a new trailler because it was see-sawing on the beavertail. all being well the car will be in the bodyshop to have the front clamshell repaired and a set of aerocatches fitted at the end of the month.It was the first time i have been able to drive the car in anger as the other time i took it out i had no breaks. I traced that fault back to the master cylinders and had them rebuilt.Other than that the car is great.I did notice that it was bogging slightly at times do you think that not running the octane boost was causing it or the pilot on his first mission. ian i cant tell you how much i love the car thanks again i hope to see you about and good luck with your project.
as for the cars future im going to drag race it and track day it but most of all im just going to enjoy it

wee beastie

posted on 22/4/13 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
The bogging down will be pilot error I'm afraid. Done it myself many a time. Don't be afraid to give it plenty of revs.

metro6r4

posted on 2/6/13 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
went for another try got down to 12.6 there was more to come.Then the engine decided to lunch itself

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.