Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Road Gritters out already
andylancaster3000

posted on 4/10/04 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Road Gritters out already

It looks as though anyone that uses a locost on the road may have to bring it in for the winter a little earlier then first planned...

Watching my regional news earlier, I was shocked to hear that they are already 'testing' the salt/gritters.
Even thought there is no ice or snow due for a while yet. Do they really need testing and if so, why so early!!!

Just thought I would warn people who don't fancy the idea their cars rotting away with the salt!

Andy

Peteff

posted on 4/10/04 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
It's on pistonheads.

They're not actually doing any gritting, just driving them to make sure they run before they are needed.
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=9211

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

JoelP

posted on 4/10/04 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
up here in leeds, they use the gritters all year. When not gritting they replace the grit hopper with open truck backs, and use them for regular road maintainance.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

type 907

posted on 4/10/04 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Regular road maintainance???????

Could you explane to us Suffolk lads Joel, what that is.

Paul G

Too much is just enough

JoelP

posted on 4/10/04 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
you know, where they spray paint round pot holes in the hope aliens will fill them in...

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

type 907

posted on 4/10/04 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Joel

Too much is just enough

theconrodkid

posted on 5/10/04 at 06:33 AM Reply With Quote
round my way a few years ago came the first snow n ice some clown discovered none of the gritters were taxed/plated so a bit late getting them on the road,like early spring?,last year a water main went outside their base in the night,roundabout at junction 3 of the M4,they were all stuck inside/drivers stuck outside,nothing moved till well into the afternoon

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

James

posted on 5/10/04 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andylancaster3000
<snip>
I was shocked to hear that they are already 'testing' the salt/gritters.
Even thought there is no ice or snow due for a while yet. Do they really need testing and if so, why so early!!!
<snip>

If you remember last year when there was a cold snap and loads of snow and the machines weren't ready there was loads of trouble. Peoples cars stuck on motorway etc. etc. Dearest Alistair Darling transport minister gave the unprepared councils and good kicking. Result of which is they're gonna be a damn site more careful this year.... when it probably won't snow!

James

Alan B

posted on 5/10/04 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
WTF is a road gritter?

Yeah, yeah I know....something we don't need where the f*****g hurricanes blow....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 5/10/04 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
WTF is a road gritter?

Yeah, yeah I know....something we don't need where the f*****g hurricanes blow....

I saw one down here once, I think it was 1996 - Oh, and we don't get may hurricanes

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.