Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ODB Reader Mondeo 54
mrwibble

posted on 30/4/13 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
ODB Reader Mondeo 54

Hi guys, long shot, but wondered if anyone had access to a diagnostic tool I can plug into a 54 plate mondeo thats recently displayed an engine management warning light. I'm based in Kidderminster DY10 but can travel.

Have a nice day

Ed

IanG1

posted on 30/4/13 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
You can buy a ELM327 style one for around a tenner off ebay, I got a bluetooth one and can connect to a laptop or if you have a android smartphone the free torque app works well. Reads codes, live data and allows clearance to turn off light etc
Rich_p

posted on 30/4/13 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
As mentioned treat yourself to an ebay reader, either the type that link via a laptop like I have or one of the standalone readers.

I think mine was £16.

The first time you plug it in it's paid for itself as garages charge a rediculous amount to read codes.

britishtrident

posted on 30/4/13 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Be aware the fake Elmscan 327 based interfaces off ebay have known problems connecting to older Fords, for a minium cost scanner for a Ford do an eBay search for Autel Scanner they start from about £17 inc P&P An Autel MS309 or the better speced MS509.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

mrwibble

posted on 30/4/13 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
cheers guys. will look into it. weirdly the mrs reports e m light has gone off. came on after just done 67500 off after 67600. major service indicator? runs fine... see if it stays off i guess and get a reader in the mean time.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.