Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Gurston Down Hill Climb ( what's it like?)
Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 12/5/13 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
Gurston Down Hill Climb ( what's it like?)

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone ever ventures to Gurston Down, I'm thinking of taking the family down soon and wondered if its a good day out?

Thanks

Aaron

Work to Live don't Live to Work

CNHSS1

posted on 12/5/13 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
yep, good day out, loads of spectatng areas and a decent cafe rather than the usual dodgy buttie van.
pretty high speed for a hillclimb too, makes me clench through Hollow and across the finish!
oftn great variety of cars frlm 6R4s, to road cars, single seaters and classics

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 12/5/13 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CNHSS1
yep, good day out, loads of spectatng areas and a decent cafe rather than the usual dodgy buttie van.
pretty high speed for a hillclimb too, makes me clench through Hollow and across the finish!

Excellent, gonna go down June then, I've seen it run by Mark Evans in the Westy on the Racing Car is Born series track looks good, it just didn't show much else!

Thanks for your feedback.

Aaron

McLannahan

posted on 12/5/13 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
I live just a few mins away and have been quite a few times. Great place and nice atmosphere too. You can walk around the paddock too so it kind of has that friendly family feel. Everyone mixes and chats, it's great.

Food is good standard but as there's just the one outlet it is a little dear. Not expensive but worth bearing in mind.

I watched Tiff and Jonny ( a much nicer chap than I thought and happy to chat. Tiff was a little full of himself) race the v8 Atom there. Probably on YouTube and would give you an idea of the place.

Cheers

martyn1137

posted on 12/5/13 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
I competed there about 27 years ago! One of the few hillclimb venues with a downhill section which can be a bit spooky. Its quick and good spectating.

Usual friendly bunch and you can get close to all the very varied cars. Not as pretty as say Prescott or Shelsey Walsh but good event nontheless. Easy for you to get to.

If you enjoy this go back in August for the round of the National championship.

ben240z

posted on 12/5/13 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McLannahan
I live just a few mins away and have been quite a few times. Great place and nice atmosphere too. You can walk around the paddock too so it kind of has that friendly family feel. Everyone mixes and chats, it's great.

Food is good standard but as there's just the one outlet it is a little dear. Not expensive but worth bearing in mind.

I watched Tiff and Jonny ( a much nicer chap than I thought and happy to chat. Tiff was a little full of himself) race the v8 Atom there. Probably on YouTube and would give you an idea of the place.

Cheers

Interested to see your views on the catering. Was that based on this season or previous seasons.

ben240z

posted on 12/5/13 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron_n_Sim
quote:

Excellent, gonna go down June then, I've seen it run by Mark Evans in the Westy on the Racing Car is Born series track looks good, it just didn't show much else!

Aaron

Definately worth coming down to see us. The june meetings are club meets so plenty of different cars and very good competiton.
Look forward to seeing you there
Cheers ben

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 13/5/13 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ben240z
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron_n_Sim
quote:

Aaron

Definately worth coming down to see us. The june meetings are club meets so plenty of different cars and very good competiton.
Look forward to seeing you there
Cheers ben

Hi Ben,

Cheers for the feedback, I take it you're a regular, and a Datsun man???

Thanks

Aaron

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.