Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aluminium Sill Protectors - can anyone make me a set for some beer tokens?
BigMac

posted on 15/5/13 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Aluminium Sill Protectors - can anyone make me a set for some beer tokens?

Hi All

Is there anyone on here that can make me a set of sill covers for my Westfield?

I'd do it myself, but my metalworking skills aren't great and I don't have the tooling or materials!

I'm effectively after two covers to go over the sills, made from ally that I can bond to the bodywork.

Carbonmods do a set in Carbon, but I'm really not fussed (or want to pay that price) and I'd prefer to just spray the ally up in gloss black to match my cycle wings.

I assume all you'd need to do is cut the ally to size and bend it in one of those metal bending thingies (technical term I'm sure). Oh and also file the edges so I don't lacerate myself on getting in and out!

Happy to cover materials, labour (not that there'd be much I suppose) and postage!

If anyone can help, I can send you dimensions?

Thanks!

Ben.

DarrenW

posted on 15/5/13 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
By sills do you mean the high bits you have to step over, that once inside the car become arm rests?

Got mine from Mac1 motorsports. Ali angle type stuff, rivetted them on. Would probs bond on too.

BigMac

posted on 15/5/13 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, that would be them!

Thanks though- I'll give MAC1 a shout, but if there's anyone who can make them... there are still beer tokens available :-)

RK

posted on 16/5/13 at 01:38 AM Reply With Quote
I drew some lines, cut the appropriate length and width of ally, and bent them around the chassis. I then covered them in upholstery vinyl. Job done. Of all the things I've made, this was seriously the EASIEST, and one of the cheapest. It also affected the look quite a bit, which made it quite satisfying to have done.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.