Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: recommend me a home printer/scanner ???
clanger

posted on 17/5/13 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
recommend me a home printer/scanner ???

looking for a new one for home use. laser one would be nice but they all look like the size of a small fridge freezer.........

obviously needs to be cheap to run, with reasonably priced cartridges, or even CISS compatible.

I'll be just printing normal black/white documents, dont really do much on printing photos etc

any suggestions??

cheers

britishtrident

posted on 17/5/13 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
For home use if you want to print colour go for a Hewlet Packard printer/scanner/copier no need to buy an expensive one an HP Deskjet 2510 All-in-One Printer will do the job. The cartridges supplied with it only have a minimal amount of ink and will last about 150 pages but if you buy the more expensive "XL" cartridges it becomes more economic. Hewlet Packard printers even the cheap ones are hassle free although they do have a fixed life and eventually ear out. The cartridges are relatively expensive but they don't suffer from blocked nozzles. To reduce ink costs if an ink jet printer is in daily use leave it on 24/7.

If you want the lowest operating costs buy a small balck and white laser Samsung or Brother are good should costs less than £60 -- again buying long life toner refills reduce operating cost. B&W lasers with scanners are also less than £100.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

mr tone

posted on 17/5/13 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Brother mfc-j825dw really good with ink from Ebay.Last Dell all in one to expensive to run Tony
inkafone

posted on 17/5/13 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Canon printer if you want to use a CISS or chipped refillable cartridges. I use these
martyn1137

posted on 17/5/13 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Thoughly recommend Hp Office jet 6500 or similar. Bit more expensive than basic but most relaible I have used. Both our machines are in office use, one still fine after 4 years pounding. recently bought new one for I think about £75, wireless, mega easy set up and no issues. Not too bulky.

I get good life out of ink as well far better than laser we run. That costs £250 for a full set of toners, crazy price for a small quantity of coloured dust.

britishtrident

posted on 17/5/13 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by martyn1137
Thoughly recommend Hp Office jet 6500 or similar. Bit more expensive than basic but most relaible I have used. Both our machines are in office use, one still fine after 4 years pounding. recently bought new one for I think about £75, wireless, mega easy set up and no issues. Not too bulky.

I get good life out of ink as well far better than laser we run. That costs £250 for a full set of toners, crazy price for a small quantity of coloured dust.

An home ink jet even with XL cartridges has a running cost at least twice the running cost of a home B&W laser running a long-life cartridge. Laser toner cartridges for homes laser cost in the range £50 to £60 for a long-life cartridge good for 1500 to 2000 pages. Compare this to inkjet XL cartridge which will print less than 500 pages and most inkjet printers have at least two cartridges.
To same more money laser toner cartridges can be refilled very cheaply (messy business).

[Edited on 17/5/13 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Paul M

posted on 17/5/13 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Good basic laser Printer / copier / scanner is the Brother 7055. I got mine 15 months ago for about £85 with a
three year on site warranty. no breakdowns and still on its original cartridge. Bought a compatable toner for about £14 on Ebay last September and haven't had to open it yet.

SSC Stylus 2.0. Blacktop, Omex
ECU & Bodies

clanger

posted on 18/5/13 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
cheers fellas, time to get researching. ta very much

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.