Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA New Reg
deanspoors

posted on 21/5/13 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
IVA New Reg

Hi, I will be trying to get my car IVA'd soon, one (maybe major) problem I have is that I am buying a part built kit so many of the receipts are in the original owners name, also things such as the gearbox and diff are second hand. Is there any way I can get round this? Do I need receipts for every part of the car? or can I get away with parts that are in as new condition? I know about the one reconditioned part rule, which will be the engine.

Thanks,

Dean

fesycresy

posted on 21/5/13 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
IVA isn't registration, thats DVLA.

I'd speak to Westfield regarding the receipts, see if they can help and I believe they have helped people in the past.

Also get creative with diff and gearbox receipts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

loggyboy

posted on 21/5/13 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
As above, its the DVLA that will want receipts, and the rule is one part reconditioned to a new standard everything else brand new. If you have any used parts at all they will need to be replaced with new items and you will need receipts for them. It wont matter whose name they are in. You onlyreally need to have reciepts for the major components (engine, gearbox, steering, suspension, brakes, drivetrain(ie diff and drive shafts)), If you have recpeits for anything else then it merely looks good, and can only reinforce the fact that everythings new. You will also need a reciept to prove the reconditioned item has be reconditioned, or for the parts that were used to recondition it.

Many people 'find' reciepts they never thought they had, many trace them to a special program called 'Micorsoft Office' that allows anyone to produce proffessional looking documents

Also, every DVLA is law un to themselves so each has their own methods, and some people will have had no problems getting a new reg, others will have to fight for it.

Mistral Motorsport

deanspoors

posted on 21/5/13 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
"Many people 'find' reciepts they never thought they had"

Haha, I bet they do, oh well that's good news, I think I've just found that receipt for the gearbox next to the printer, do the DVLA come out and visually inspect also? or is this also area specific.

Dean

loggyboy

posted on 21/5/13 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, most inspect, so make sure your 'new' parts look new. All you need is one person who is clued up and you will struggle. Luckily most are just pen pushers who wouldnt know a gearbox from a brake disc.

Mistral Motorsport

daveb666

posted on 21/5/13 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
In regards to receipts being in different names, the "Amateur Build Declaration" allows you to say "it was built by me/ by me and another/ by another and I bought".

I've just bought a complete, but un-registered car. I've gone for the "built by me and another" option.

Therefore, if/when the DVLA ask - "as the car was built at 'my mates' garage, all parts were bought by him and sent to him, hence it's his name on all the receipts".

I may also find some receipts in the printer tray

deeceee09

posted on 21/5/13 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
IVA inspection wanted to see my receipts last year. Also proof of engine build date for emissions criteria.

Treachery and old age will always triumph over youthful enthusiasm.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.