Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra 7" 3.14 open diff for sale
JonT

posted on 22/5/13 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Sierra 7" 3.14 open diff for sale

Hi all,

I've got a 7" 3.14 diff hanging about in the garage that I've been meaning to get rid of for some time now. I've sold the Striker it was originally fitted in (originally BEC, later mod'd to CEC) so have no need for it any more. I've just never found the time to advertise it.

Anyway, it's been dismantled, inspected and the backlash readjusted by a professional kitcar workshop here in Holland...everything looks fine and dandy (see images).

It's abroad which may turn off some...for what it's worth I'm a simple expat living abroad and have taken my hobby with me, there are a number of people in the UK kitcar world that can vouch for me if required

I could ask to have it transported across by a number of people I know that pop between the UK and the continent, but I've looked up the costs (I weighed it on the bathroom scales, thankfully without SWMBO seeing ) and it's only £40 (€45) to have it sent to your front door by registered post, so it doesn't seem worth the effort.

Anyone interested? Make me a sensible offer including postage and it's yours...

Here are images of the internals and backlash as measured/adjusted:

Jon

"People were created to be loved, things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in CHAOS is because things are being loved and people are being used"

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

alfiebeard

posted on 22/5/13 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
differential type?

Hi is this a LOBRO or a TRIPOD differential? cant see by the pics, the LOBRO has bolt on driveshafts.

If its a LOBRO what sort of figure were you thinking for it.

Regards

Alfie

Old bloke on a mission with 320BHP of help

td99

posted on 23/5/13 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Jon,
I'm also interested, what's your location. I'm in Eindhoven.
Idea of price you require?
Trevor

JonT

posted on 23/5/13 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
@Alfie: this is a diff with push-in shafts...so that would be TRIPOD then I guess? I can upload a photo this evening if that helps just to make sure.

@Trevor: I'm in Utrecht, so not very far away from you at all (small world, eh!). This ratio is particularly scarce...I've seen them go for amounts from £200 to £900 (whoever paid that was VERY desperate I'd say!)...but it's only worth what someone is willing to pay, so just let me know what you think it's worth...I'm not a difficult man

Jon

"People were created to be loved, things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in CHAOS is because things are being loved and people are being used"

alfiebeard

posted on 23/5/13 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Jon,

Thanks for that .....the ratio is pretty rare.. but unfortunately I wanted a LOBRO type.

Thanks mate

Alfie

Old bloke on a mission with 320BHP of help

JonT

posted on 23/5/13 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Alfie,

I was under the impression that you can easily convert from one to the other? Might be worth taking a look or asking someone on here, particularly considering how scarce they are...

Jon

JonT

posted on 29/5/13 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Sold!

Jon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.