Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS: 1990 Import Mazda MX-5 1.6 155,000km £1200
BigMac

posted on 24/5/13 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
FS: 1990 Import Mazda MX-5 1.6 155,000km £1200

Up for sale is my well cared for 1.6 JDM NA from 1990 in Classic Red. I'm asking for £1200 and am based in Alsager in Stoke-on-Trent. The mileage as of today is 155,000 km but this will increase by around 300km a week. If you're interested, please drop me a line via U2U and we can exchange contact details. Cheers, Ben.

I bought the car back in November 2011 from an area co-ordinator for the MX5-OC in Stafford. Since then it's been my daily driver and very well cared for. Everything that has been done under my ownership has been documented, with any receipts attached to cover sheets showing the mileage at which the work was done.

This would make an ideal car for an MX-5 kit project, or a great daily run around that wants for nothing. Due to the work I’ve put into the mechanicals, it’s also a reliable base for modification.

The reason I'm selling is I simply need a bigger car; the Roadster is no longer practical enough for me.

Tax – April 2014
MOT – August 2013

Positives
The goodies!
• HPI clear
• New mohair hood and screen
• New tyres all round (UniRoyal Rain Experts) and full Road Warrior alignment done by Richard and Fraser at Blink Motorsports in Winsford at 148,000km
• Cambelt replaced and cooling system overhauled with new OEM water hoses, water pump and radiator at 148,000km
• New, reconditioned alternator fitted at 152,000 km
• Boots for the track rod ends, upper and lower ball joints have been replaced
• Diff, gearbox and turret oils replaced
• Brakes all round have been serviced, with new rear calipers
• All four shocks have been replaced with a good condition set of Kayabas on standard road springs

Negatives
Several, but none that detract away from the driving experience!
• The bodywork, whilst it polishes up nicely- does have marks and I think it's had a respray at some point in its life, albeit not very well
• The diff makes a slight grinding noise on acceleration- plenty of life left in it, though
• The seats are showing some signs of age- the driver's seat has a stain pertaining from a leaky roof (which is obviously now fixed)
• The top of the dash has a collection of holes in from where I originally had a set of gauges fitted. An entire replacement dash is £20 collected from eBay
• The windscreen grill is missing- I came out one sunny morning to find it had cracked clean down the middle, so I took it out to stop it moving around

Interesting
Other stuff to note
• Won't come with a radio- the previous owner had someone install an aftermarket one in a not so professional fashion and it was causing earth issues. I've taken it out, tidied up all the wiring and simply done without.
• Fitted with a Cobra alarm and immobiliser, useful for those younger buyers who want to get the premiums down!
• Due to the year, the engine is the short nose crank variety- when I did the cambelt and water pump I had a good check of the pulley and the keyway and all were in perfect order with no wobble or wear
• The arches and sills are still in good condition, but some surface rust is starting to appear. The underside was regularly jet washed during the winter and the wishbones, uprights etc were wire-brushed and given a coat of ACF50
• The car currently has a private plate which won't be sold with the car, I'll be putting the original number of G122 MUX back on

I’ll post pictures up when I get home tonight, but can take additional pictures if anyone needs them.

[Edited on 24/5/13 by BigMac]

[Edited on 24/5/13 by BigMac]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

BigMac

posted on 24/5/13 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all, photos as promised:

Again, please drop me a line if you're interested!

Ben.

zilspeed

posted on 27/5/13 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Red is, of course, the top colour for little sports cars.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.