Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How long do bank transfers take from EU?
DarrenW

posted on 3/6/13 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
How long do bank transfers take from EU?

Just a quickie to the fountain of all knowledge!

Do any fellow locosters have clients in EU and get paid via bank transfer into their UK account - probably ideally into a business account? Just wondering how long the transfers normally take to clear?

My client in eastern Europe set up a transfer last Thursday but its not showing in my account yet. Should i be worried or am i still within normal lead-time? Its being transferred from a Euros account into my GBP account. I dont think it has been set up as a SEPA payment. Its the first time ive done this so not sure what is normal.
I guess they could have missed the Thursday deadline, so Friday would have been the first day and today (Monday) would technically only be the next working day so far.

I have a mate who regularly makes transfers from a UK bank account to an account he has in Europe and says they always clear next working day, not sure if personal/domestic transfers work differently to business payments though.

Cheers,
Darren.

Jasper

posted on 3/6/13 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
There is no set time, I use one service from Santander that takes a week to get payments made to the US, yet the same service with the post office took 5 minutes!

As far as I know there is no difference between the types of accounts, only what service you use to send the money.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

TimEllershaw

posted on 3/6/13 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
I've transfered money the other way, to make payment to people in Europe. In those cases it took 3 working days : I send via Lloyds TSB online banking at the end of play Thursday, and they can see it arrive in their bank (business account) on Tuesday morning.

Hope that helps.

http://www.teenagecancertrust.org/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DarrenW

posted on 3/6/13 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
That does help, thanks.

After doing some research it appears i could ask my client what "Value Date" was put onto the transaction. Im guessing if i set up such a payment then the bank would generate some sort of electronic conformation.

If i dont see the money tomorrow morning i might ask them if they have the electronic notification o i can also check they have used the correct IBAN.

russbost

posted on 3/6/13 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
I've had several payments from Germany into the bank, longest took 4 or 5 working days, quickest was same day!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
slingshot2000

posted on 3/6/13 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
I "know" that one from Singapore took 7 days last month !

Regards
Jon

DarrenW

posted on 3/6/13 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like i'm well within normal leadtime then at the moment. I was told it would clear by end of following working day so expected it last Friday. Never mind, fingers crossed for tomorrow.
MikeCapon

posted on 3/6/13 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
I do this all the time. It's four 'banking' days. Which are not to be confused with working days. Just as bankers are not to be confused with workers...

www.shock-factory.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
slingshot2000

posted on 3/6/13 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeCapon
I do this all the time. It's four 'banking' days. Which are not to be confused with working days. Just as bankers are not to be confused with workers...

I had to read that twice, I thought you said; "don't confuse bankers with w@nkers" !

DarrenW

posted on 3/6/13 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slingshot2000
quote:
Originally posted by MikeCapon

I had to read that twice, I thought you said; "don't confuse bankers with w@nkers" !

I had to read the 4 banking days bit twice!!!!!

Jasper

posted on 4/6/13 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
It's not 4 days, it's whatever service you pay for, I regularly get payments from the Eu and Switzerland same day.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

DarrenW

posted on 4/6/13 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Oh well, day 3 has come and gone. Company have confirmed the cash has left their account last Friday. Ive seen the bank confirmation and my details are all correct.
Not sure what service they have paid for, but they did say it is the same one they always use for Euro zone payments and payments to other European suppliers clear next day. i wonder if the Euro to GBP conversion process takes a lot longer. I cant believe in this day and age that banks still keep to their old archaic calendars despite computers doing the work!

Rant Over!

[Edited on 4/6/13 by DarrenW]

gremlin1234

posted on 4/6/13 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
I cant believe in this day and age that banks still keep to their old archaic calendars despite computers doing the work!

they keep it slow, they have your money for longer.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.