Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AVO Shock Rebuild/ReSeal??
Proby

posted on 6/6/13 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
AVO Shock Rebuild/ReSeal??

Well, while stripping the clutch out of the F27 earlier in the week, I noticed once on my nearside front AVO coilover unit is leaking some oil from the seal. The shocks look in as new condition apart from the oil leak, not seized, very very clean & corrosion free.

Has anyone used AVO recently for service? I have just googled and found some right horror stories! Is there anyone else if so that will have the parts to rebuild/reseal? From reading stories online they may not have bits to rebuild my 13 year old shocks (although they have only done 3000 miles), so replacing them may be the answer?

I suppose I should also have both fronts done at the same time?

Chris

[Edited on 6/6/13 by Proby]

Visit GraphicMonster

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 6/6/13 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
I'd email avo first, Gaz quoted me £22 + vat a corner plus £11 return postage to overhaul mine which are 9 years old! I'd definitely get both done as I'm sure they're the same age! They tend to deteriorate at a similar speed.

Aaron

Work to Live don't Live to Work

CNHSS1

posted on 6/6/13 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
ive used AVO for rebuilds of both road and race shocks and found them quick, efficient and surprisingly cheap.

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

Jenko

posted on 6/6/13 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
I ordered some spare bits from them this week, and they arrived the next day. They even sent me some free stickers as I was refirbing the outside of them....Very helpful, and I had no issues.

[Edited on 6/6/13 by Jenko]

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

Proby

posted on 6/6/13 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Great stuff , I'll give them a call. I suppose it's always the same, you only seem to read reviews for poor customer service not good. (apart from procomp that is!!)

Visit GraphicMonster

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.