Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cycle Wings
Carbonman

posted on 12/6/13 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Cycle Wings

Just added a picture to my archive of the new Cycle Wings fitted to a Westfield running 185/14's
The original flat bar under the wings was cut off leaving just a tab to bolt through the inside flange of the new wings.
Result is that the wings are now sitting closer to the tyre but with no flexing.

Carbon Copies Ltd

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Bumble

posted on 12/6/13 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Cycle Wings

They look great but what sizes are they available in and what are the prices please? Same question for the rear arches.

Thanks,
Matt

loggyboy

posted on 12/6/13 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
How much and are they IVA proof (50degree rear, 30degree forward coverage?)

Mistral Motorsport

Carbonman

posted on 12/6/13 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
First of all can I say thank you for the interest.

The Front Wings are 210mm Wide and will if fitted correctly cover a tyre diameter of up to 576mm, so up to a 195-50-15 within the 30-50 Degree IVA requirements. If there is enough interest I would certainly look it making a new mould for a longer version.

The Rear Wings are 290mm Wide and have an inner (mounting) edge of 820mm diameter and an outer edge diameter of 760mm.

The Front Wings are £150 a pair and the Rears in E Glass £185 and in Carbon (like the fronts) £250

Please keep in mind that these are produced using Resin Infusion, Core Materials and Epoxy Resin.
They are not 1 layer of Carbon backed up with Chopped Strand Matt and wet laid with Polyester Resin. ( as most are)

Google Resin Infusion and have a look at what is involved in the process Resin Infusion is newer and more advanced than even Pre-Preg.

Any questions please ask.

Regards Carbon Copies Ltd.

[Edited on 12/6/13 by Carbonman]

Carbon Copies Ltd

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
iank

posted on 12/6/13 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
Look good, impressed they don't flex when only bolted through the side like that.

Description
Description

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Carbonman

posted on 12/6/13 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers. It has taken quite a bit of time to get the layup right

I weigh 85 kilos and put one on the ground, as it would be fitted and I stood on it with my full weight no problem.
Yet they weigh in at less than 830 grms each

Carbon Copies Ltd

sdh2903

posted on 12/6/13 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Are the ones in the picture bespoke to the Red car to match the car or are they all that colour? What sort of weight are the rears in carbon and e glass? Whats e glass by the way?

I would be interested in a pair of front and rear especially if you are looking at an extended version I'm getting sick of getting hit by everything so is either going to be extended arches or mudflaps!

Carbonman

posted on 12/6/13 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
The arches are available with the outer edges in the standard Gelcoat Colours Red, Black, White, Orange, Yellow, Green and Blue. Or if you have a Ral number I may be able to match it?

Sorry can't remember the weight of the Rears off the top of my head will have to post that when I am back in work tomorrow.

E - Glass is a woven form of Glass Fibre. But unlike Chopped Strand Matt (CSM) it is woven into a cloth much like Carbon.
It is much stronger and stiffer than CSM.

As said I will look into a longer version if enough interest.

Carbon Copies Ltd

Carbonman

posted on 19/6/13 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
In response to the requests for a longer "wrap round" Wing we can now offer them with a diameter of 640mm and a height of 320mm. So these will give a full 180 Degree coverage of tyres up to 205/50/15.
If rotated backwards they will stop stones etc flying into the cockpit and still easily cover the 30 Degree forward IVA requirements.
We will also be adding an optional side repeater "pod" for mounting the side repeaters on the wing edge if required, price to be announced soon.

The moulds are now done so orders placed before the 23rd of this month will still be at the same £150 price as the shorter wing, after that they will have to increase to £180.

The same manufacturing process will be used so they can be mounted in the same way (side mount)

Regards Carbon Copies Ltd

Carbon Copies Ltd

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.